Thursday 9 May 2013

This Post is dedicated to Pegeen S.... of Northfield, Illinois.. She'll will find out why.. "LOOK AT ME.. OH LOOK AT ME.. LOOK AT ME, I'M DANCING!"

"The music odd, it's rather gay, I must confess I'm quite confused, what's happening, what's happening to me?".. oh, Dear Readers, I must grovel grovel to the late, great Mr. Julian Slade.

Do any of YOU remember the charming musical called 'Salad Days'? It was written and first performed in the August of 1954 and the plot was very funny ha ha and the tunes were infectious.. very good! Constance had the vinyl soundtrack.

SHE loves the words of the song sang by Jane "I sit in the sun" charming lyrics, a charming tune. 

It centred on a bunch of university students just about to graduate and a magic piano that made them and other people dance! 

Why does SHE remember it today.. well, SHE received a package in the post alllll the way from Illinois! It flew here by itself and that is why SHE has to mail 'that' card!

Last year Patsy, seller of marvellous fruit at the Farmer's Markets in Califoria, gave HER a tiny thing to try.. oooh, it was SO clever!

But alas and alack.. not sold here! But 'someone', aka very kind Pegeen, has sent HER some.. 

And now instead of "Look at me, oh look at me, I'm dancing, now it isn't the thing I do every day but I'm happy to day I'm dancing.. ", SHE is singing to another completely different tune "Oh, MY jaw is snappin', MY lips are flappin'.. 'cos I've got happy teeth.. very happy teeth.. ".

Yes, folks, of course, SHE is absolutely as mad as that silly Hatter, is it catching? Fear not, only by direct contact, YOU are quite safe reading MY Blog..

I am ready to go to bed.. what a day.

GeeGee Parrot.
May 8th, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment