Saturday 25 May 2013

Beaky had a work-out..

I know Dear Readers, I know that YOU think old Beaky does nothing but beak or chew the fat, as it were, all day long but today was an exceptional time.

Lunch when it was finally served, was I thought, a trifle meagre. Asparagus and baby Potatoes, that was until I saw the thickness of the spears!

Goodness ME.. no wonder people like and want to barter delicious things for it! 

We settled down into favourite eating position and after checking that it was not too hot for ME, SHE gave me this huge spear.. old Beaky had to open very wide in order to do munch.. it was dressed with a very tasty oil which had a sprinkling of chilli flakes.. oh, slurp-the-durp.

And I lurve boiled baby Potatoes.. I hope they are growing at this precise moment at the allotment, they should be showing signs of life by now, even though it has been so cold and very wet.

So, here WE are, SHE is ironing sofa cushions, I am lolling on sitting room door.. hush, SHE has not 'really' noticed that I am here, remember SHE has just washed this carpet and white carpet and Asparagus are not such a great combination.

The sky is like a postcard sky, with white fluffy clouds chasing each other across a, I regret to say, pale blue sky. It is now past four of the clock, not worth journeying for an hour at this late hour to go to the allotment, WE will go tomorrow.

All is well and as SHE wrote to Debi in Arkansas earlier, God laughs when WE make plans, for HE usually has other plans for US!

Now there's a thing, one Debi plus another 
Debbie makes two, right? Now this is the weird t'ing, one HAS Goaty folk and the other IS planning on getting Goaty folk next Spring! This means there will be two D's with Goaty folk and to further compound the t'ing, both of their partners are called David, so, in fact, there are the four D's!

I am going to Pole, it is less 'stressful' out there. SHE is refilling 'Whoosh' machine with water, more later.

GeeGee Parrot.
May 25th, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment