Tuesday 14 May 2013

A FAMILY LEGEND.. Part One.

Dear Readers.. I am, or rather Beaky is, in serious disgrace.. I told YOU I was going to Pole but I got side-tracked and flew into bathroom. 

SHE got bored sorting photographs and came into bathroom to pot up some Sweet Peas and found ME playing with a couple of cardboard rolls, such fun, so crunchy for Beaky.

SHE went to take the newly potted pots to the back room and I flew back to top of bathroom door to await HER return, for it was fast approaching one of the clock, aka lunch time.

Huh, but there no whistling or sound of HER coming back down the hall, sigh. That was when old Beaky spied the new occupant on the shelf behind door, umm, what was in it? Only one way to find out, open it, but it was clever and did not want to open.

Beaky, having zero tolerance of such delays, gave it some beaking, ugh, what was this I heard?

"Quick Beaky, stop", SHE is coming back, too late, much too late, for bag had been very badly beaked and tell tale signs were allover the bathroom floor.

SHE looked at the mess, put HER hand up, I stepped down and was brought very close to HER face, where I thought "oh dear, I am in deep dudu".

SHE spoke very clearly and said the following, "YOU must learn not to do things like that" and I said "Please mum, it wasn't ME, it was Beaky".

And SHE started to laugh, for the phrase "Please mum, it wasn't me, it was ....." was one of HER family's legends.. and Part Two will tell it.

But now.. thank goodness, it IS lunch time and WE are off to YumYum HQ.

Back later.. to tell Tales and Legends that date from years lonng gone by.

GeeGee Parrot.
May 14th, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment