Sunday 12 May 2013

A SPICY VIRGIN MARY and the rest..

First of the year.. and mighty fine it was too. I sat and watched as SHE got ingredients together and thought.. maybe.. could be.. when SHE fetched HER favourite glass.. I knew that WE were in for a treat! 

Back in the early summer of 1969, SHE worked for Sir Robert and Lady Ropner in the south of France and he taught how to mix a very 'mean' Bloody Mary. 

As no alcohol was mixed today, I was allowed to drink as much as I wanted and I wanted! Just what a girl wants before a late Sunday lunch. 

Lunch was pretty 'snappy' too! A piece of cold Salmon tossed in a mustardy mayonnaise with a salad on the side. I trust YOUR repast was as elegant as OURS? 

Now, the rest, oh dear, not even quite sure how to confess my evilness, I suppose I will have to 'beak' the bullet and tell YOU what happened.. 

Whilst SHE was doing something, I flew into the bathroom and what did I see? 

Top cupboard was open. This is very rare to find such a thing unless SHE is actually in the room as well. 

Top shelf of cupboard has a row of long low baskets and they hold all sorts of treasures! Rolled up belts and gloves but the baskets are the best things as they made out of wicker, very crunchy wicker, YOU know what happened, don't YOU.

For I cannot resist wicker, so all it took was a little leaning forward and a little crunch here, a bigger munch there and oh dear, the basket 'flew' off the shelf and the gloves flew everywhere! 

What to do? I could not pick them up and stuff the basket back, so I flew very quickly out of the bathroom. Into YumYum HQ I went, feeling extremely anxious. For WE had had such a happy day and now, well, YOU know when YOU do something and as soon as YOU have done it.. YOU know it was a BIG, FAT mistake.

SHE went into bathroom after lunch and I heard "OH".. then SHE came back and gave ME one of 
'those' looks. SHE wiggled a finger in front of Beaky.. I was sensible enough not to let old Nip out. I hung head and prayed to Dagga-the-Parrot for guidance. HE was of no help.. just murmured "that was a very stupid thing to have done".

Quite enough.. am still quaking at MY stupidity. Now going to sit on pole and cogitate breastbone.

GeeGee Parrot.
May 12th, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment