Saturday 1 September 2012

MEMOIRS or DREAMS mais en francais?

I sincerely hope that YOU read MY previous Post, which I am pleased to say, has generated a large amount of emails filled with disgust and horror that CITES have closed their books after receiving 35,000 comments about a shocking decision to allow Cameroon Government license to trap and export 3,000 of MY breed.

MY breed of Parrot, the African Grey, comes from Central Africa.. Cameroons, Chad, Gabon, Ivory Coast. 

These countries were under French Colonial Rule for many years but even before then, African Greys travelled world wide as Pirates Mates but WE were also to be found at some pretty 'fancy' places.. such as Versailles, Hampton Court Palace and Vienna.

In French, WE are called Gabon Gris.. Grey Gabon.. do YOU remember Tale of how I got MY name even before I was born, it was given to HER by Prince Dimitri Tchkotoua.. Go back to April Posts..

Recently, I have been dreaming of 'ancient times' and in these dreams, I dream in French but as I don't speak it, I can only surmise that I am experiencing either a Past Life Regression or that I am recalling an Ancestors' Memoirs.. for truly, are they not windows of the mind?

In these dreams, MY human family are French and MY beloved is a young woman of a 'great' family recently married to the scion of another noble house.

WE have been together for many years, I was given to her by Grand-Mere for her seventh birthday. WE now live between Versailles and our 'proper' home in the country.. I much prefer the country home, because, although it is a new place for MY Mistress and I, WE are significantly freer than when WE are at Court, where LIFE is very regimented and extremely strict.

But because of Court Etiquette .. it is expected that the young couple spend a certain length of time at Versailles, however, it holds no 'terrors' for either of them as both sets of parents have been close confidants of the 'famille royale' for many years.. but.. oh, it is boring.

But today.. it has not been a day of dreaming 'a la Francaise', oh goodness ME, no! 

For today was a chopchop and squeezesqueeze day, finally.. SHE got around to doing the Beet and Onion Preserve.. Limes were juiced with magic Reamer, soft-necked Garlic, much smellier and stronger tasting than normal variety, Bay leaves, salt and lots of pepper were added.

She did two enormous baking trays full to the brim (top). It took many hours, during which time, the beets and onions have to be stirred and kept oiled..  labour of lurve, that is for sure!

So.. here WE are, MY mama, aka HER.. and I, at the end of a very pleasant day.. it was 'especially' pleasant as SHE has received MOST wonderful invitation.. so exciting and SHE was SO touched to be asked but it is now way past the time that WE should be in bed and fast asleep.. so no, YOU will have to wait to hear about it..

Here's a sniff to make your mouth water.. Castle.. Scotland.. Wedding.. Nope, heeheehee.. ole Beaky sealed.. 

I promise I will tell YOU tomorrow.. yawn, sleep well.

GeeGee Parrot.
September 1st, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment