Friday 22 January 2016

YOU KNOW BEAKY, WE ALL KNOW BEAKY SO HAVING HAD OSSIE'S DELICIOUS FISH PIE, I'VE HAD TO GARGLE WITH MOUTH WASH!

As I am picking Madame GeeGee up from jail tomorrow, we all know she's going to give me an extremely nasty time for arranging her incarceration for the two days, plus the injections, plus the plastic collar.. but heaven help me if she finds out that I have just had supper with Leigh, Ossie and Otto in Kew.

She, will, of course, sniff my breath, thank goodness for hydrogen peroxide! So now all trace of that delicious meal of fish pie.. slurp.. parma ham, cheese cake with Mackie's Icecream and goaty cheese will have vanished.. great pity that but it is not worth the ag and naus.. aka grief and aggravation she'd give me.

She is ok, I spoke with the kindly vet's assistant who said they had to feed her manually.. ie by hand with a spoon. Blimy, that bird does know how to get people under her size half foot! She apparently tipped the bowl of Harrison's pellets out of the cage.. she doesn't like them and won't even allow them bowl room in her sight.

She asked me what GeeGee has for breakfast at home.. I replied "soft boiled egg, a dollop of home made hummus, rye toast crusts and either a chunk of apple or a peeled slice of orange.. plus water with vitamins", the girl said "that explains a lot!" and roared with laughter!

I wonder what else they tried to get her to eat! Well, all will be revealed tomorrow at 11.30 in East Sheen when I go to collect my much beloved avian child..

It was most peculiar being here by myself last night.. first, of all, my head was cold.. then, as I had a new scary novel to read, I could do so with the big light one and was able to finish the book without her doing the 'feather rustling act' from behind her curtain and the odd sigh which means 'turn that awful light out and go to sleep'.

Then.. I got the most dreadful shock! Ugh.. you have all gathered that I am quite tall and that I have long legs. Well, I lie quite scrunched up - so would you if you had a marauding parrot on your head or shoulder when you get into bed - and when it come to sleeping time, I tend to lie in the same position.

Do you remember the Bears Nursery Rhyme.. "If you go down to the woods today, you're sure of a big surprise".. well, last night, I got a reallyreally big surprise, I stretched out and put my feet down into the bottom bit of my bed.. oh, my goodness me.. how awful that was! Ugh.. for what was down there was.. icy cold, ironed sheets, untouched by human feet!

Lordy, my feet came running back up to the middle of the bed squeaking "coldcold down there", they won't do that again in a hurry, in fact certainly not until next summer, that's for sure!

Our girl will be back on her blog tomorrow evening with, doubtless, scary tales of how brave she's had to be, the indignity of wearing this dreaded collar, silly child, if she hadn't plucked her vest off all because I wanted her to stay cosy and warm.

Anyway, she now has to wear it for at least two or three months which means she won't be going to stay with Pete and Michele for his birthday, That is going to cause a lot of ag and naus but it can't be helped.

With best wishes to all of our American Dear Readers and we hope that Jonas causes as little chaos as possible. PipPip.

GeeGee Parrot's mum.
January 22nd, 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment