Thursday 21 January 2016

Our home is empty without Beaky.. and my head's cold.

Dear Reader, she's in the best place, this was what I told myself as I walked out of the vet's surgery. Who was more unhappy, she who stayed or she who left?

Yes, I am GeeGee's guest writer.. aka her, SWSBO* but seldom is, rattler-of-pans in YumYum HQ, otherwise known as she, mum or mama. I have to say, it is pretty weird, to say the least, to be taping iPad without you-know-whose warm toes perching upon my head and old Beaky peering down over my fringe to make 'quite sure' I don't slip anything in onto her blog that hasn't or wasn't been dictated or approved.

The flat's quiet, my head's cold, there's no little grey face peering up at me, no one nudging the tangerines that are lying on our bed, she did once peel one herself but it took ages and it still had all the white fluff on it, so she rolled that one off the side of the bed and nudged another towards me with the look that quite obviously said "here, you're much better at this than me, you do it".

So I do, however, she eats her slices very slowly and requires the skin or fine membrane to be taken off each segment that I give her. I, meanwhile, apparently gobble mine.. gobble! Who teaches my child such words?

Anyway, they're doing a couple of tests on her, a hormonal one and a blood count to see if she could be lacking anything / something that might be causing any problems.

Alan, was the vet on duty this morning - Matthew, her normal vet, will see her this afternoon - and he asked what she eats, I replied "everything of mine plus bird food, she likes soft boiled eggs, meat, vegetables - raw and steamed and fruit, her favourite being citrus at this moment in time" and handed the vet's assistant a couple of tangerines and explained that the skin has to be taken off the segment, otherwise she'll toss them on the floor.

They smiled and agreed that Greys love meat, she certainly does! Omnivore is the word for 'our' girl, for she eats anything and everything!

Anyway, there she is and here am I, it's lonely without her but I had lots to do after I came home from East Sheen, I have a busy day tomorrow and before I know it, it'll be 11.30am on Saturday morning and I'll be picking GeeGee up from jail, please, will everyone pray that there's nothing 'seriously', or otherwise, wrong with our girl..

She's only a little bird, she weighed 453grams just before Christmas, but she's my girl and I love her.

GeeGee's mum.. aka her.
January 21st, 2016.
PostScript: *SWSBO stands for She Who Should Be Obeyed 

No comments:

Post a Comment