Wednesday 20 January 2016

There's a snow storm heading for NYC.. here it's chillbilly but dry with no snow in London.

She went out for hours today, luckily my presence wasn't required, so after giving the odd squeak to make her feel guilty about going out and leaving me with just a mouse for company, I hunkered down on top of a door nearest to a radiator and dozed.

Yes, we have a mouse in the house. I am not surprised as it is cold out there and a self-respecting mouse should be able to work out that staying in a snug flat is a better bet than living outside.

She saw it when she opened YumYum HQ's door when she came back at six of the after-noon clock. But it has a fat, aka zero, chance of finding anything to eat in there as she keeps everything in glass jars or up high in a wall cupboard, unless it is a sophisticated mouse and fancies an orange or an onion?

Talking of oranges, I am mighty taken with all varities of citrus fruit at the moment, especially those 'easy-peel' varities, they're delicious, are they not? I get about two or three segments per fruit, she gobbles her, I take a much long time to eat them, first I bite them to release the juice, then I do my version of an anteaters's tongue.. it makes one piece last for ages.

She said it was bitter out there.. ugh.. thanks a bunch, that makes me 'really' look forward to our trip by tube and bus to East Sheen tomorrow. But at least we haven't got a snow storm heading our way.. not like our friends in New York.

She has experienced a couple of these, the first was in February 1983, her late evening flight into NY from Miami landed just as the first flakes were falling, by the time she woke up in the morning, the city was completely covered in a thick layer of snow and it was .. quiet.. really quiet.

She's got out her big straw basket and will put my travel cage in it tomorrow, it stops the wind getting at me, remember I have not many clothes left and so nobody will know that I'm tucked away in there safe from the cold and any possible thieving thieves.

We are going to have an early night.. she dreamt two very disturbing dreams last night, the first she can't really remember but the second.. oh dear.. it is still incredibly vivid and it was of a dear friend saying "well, I may be officially married but as Susie has left me, bought and moved into a new home with her lover, I don't think I will be for much longer"..

Gosh, she woke up with such a jolt! Ugh, this is a dear man whom she has known for many years and she adores his family, so where did that dream come from? Dreams are most peculiar things, aren't they? She isn't conscious of her dreams, to have awoken twice in the same night from dreaming.. she finds rather curious.

Ah well, she's off to get that slice of cheese and to put her eye drops in, I've had my drops by mouth so am ready to go to bed, gosh, I must be growing up.

Stay safe NYC folks.. we do so hope that this storm isn't another monster like February '83.

GeeGee Parrot.
January 20th, 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment