Sunday 3 January 2016

I SPIED.. & ANGELA FLANDERS @ COLUMBIA ROAD

Her 'creeping' off to get her mobile telephone.. stroke camera.. 'that's curious', I thought, as she was in the midst of eating ham and eggs and usually it takes something dire to happen in order to stop her eating that particular combination of yumyum.

She returned and pointed it at my rear end.. 'even more curious' I thought and turned to see what she was up to. "It's ok, sweetie-pie" she said as she put it down onto the work surface and picked up her plate. "But you've got a feather that is bi-coloured and I've never seen it before".

BI-COLOURED! What did she mean? Was I in mortal danger? Would it eat my bread? She ate a piece of ham and when her mouth was empty, went onto explain that bi-coloured means two colours and that the feather she had just taken a picture of was pale grey on the top half and scarlet on the bottom half. Goodness me, for I haven't ever seen this one either, I wonder when it grew.

She's off to the market.. no, NOT a food market, for we've got plenty of supplies for the coming week. The market she's heading off to is a flower and plant market in the East End of London called Columbia Road and it is where a veryvery dear friend, Angela Flanders, has her glorious shop.

Angela Flanders is a Perfumer, with a capital P.

She is the creator of many a fine scent and my mama's favourite is Caspian.. it is a perfume that 'stays' for it has a proper fixative. She uses different smells at different times of the year, currently she's using another by Caron. They no longer sell it in the UK but she was recently given a bottle by Tereza but it is and always has been, just a cologne.

Angela does have another shop in Artillery Passage but it is the original shop that she is heading to this morning. So I'll be back on my blog when she comes home for I still can't get Beaky or any of my toes to tap the right letters on iPad.. silly Beaky.

GeeGee Parrot.
January 3rd, 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment