Friday 8 January 2016

Chocolate Negro con Aceite de Oliva, a box of Turkish Delight, a chunk of 'Summer Milk' Gruyere cheese, Goaty Curd, 3 pints of Goaty Milk and a pot of IshPol.

These items, Dear Readers, explain her lengthy absence for most of the day. She was a bit slow starting out for she was fiddling about trying not to be annoyed by the Managing Agents who seem to think that she'll do their work for them.. huh.. think again.

Anyway, she and WW eventually left the house, trundled off to the recycling depot and then on to Streatham, she was after multiple pots of Ishpol. Yippee, the truck from Poland had arrived and with it, all the stuff.

Then she had a thought. I think Streatham Mainline station goes directly to London Bridge, so instead of trying to go back onto the Jubilee underground line, I could hop onto an overland train. That worked, she caught the 15.11, was at London Bridge within twenty minutes and having walked the correct way out of the station.. sorry BUB.. she was greeting Debbie Goaty Mum in Borough Market within a few minutes.

AND being given Christmas presents! The whole world, his wife and Debbie knows she doesn't eat milk chocolate and, nestling in a chic green bag, was a packet of dark chocolate with olive oil made by a very famous Chocolate company in Avila, Spain. This, girls and guys, is very grown-up chocolatey chocolate.. not for amateurs chocolate eaters.. check them out at ..

                         www.chocolateselcanario.es      www.gredosalimentaria.es

And then.. what was in this shiny white box? Ah, Turkish Delight, proper Turkish Delight. The box was full of a mix of different flavours and the one she sampled was Lemon, with a capital L. Go on line and look at (and buy) at..

                                                    www.theturkish.deli.com

I promise you won't be disappointed.. it is slurpy stuff kids.. very slurpy indeed. They do coffee and other lovely things as well. They have a stall at Borough Market which is where Debbie had found them.

But that wasn't all she had, oh no, for Selina of Marylebone fame's brother, Michael, had a busy team working over several hot burners making vast amounts of noodles plus, of course, he had the famous Dumplings! How I know she had slurpy Malaysian food, her breath has retained just the faintest hint of chilli and her sinuses are shiny clear! So would yours be too, if you ate some of 'that' chilli!

Goaty mum murmured about reading about 'Summer Milk' Gruyere and taking her wallet, sidled off in search of this cheese, It is made when the cows are, literally, UP the mountains and their milk is poured into huge old copper vats in the Alpine chalets so it is made as it was made originally.

She found it and brought a slab back to the stall. It is de-lic-ious.. it has a completely different taste to the Gruyere we all know and love, she was kind enough to give my mama a portion of it and what a good thing she loves cheese, for I do too.. but..  it IS.. £36.00 a kilo.. however, it's a truly wondrous cheese.

Just some information to make you gasp.. for Christmas, there were SEVEN tons of cheese stored in the huge chillers at Borough Market, yes, you read that correctly and that is not counting the smaller individual traders. Yes, Borough Market had seven tons of cheese ready for what is, obviously, a very 'cheesy' time of the year.

She brought home three pints of milk to make Kefir with, two get used with Kefir grains, the third is to 'suspend' the Kefir grains in until she makes the next batch and there was a pot of CURD for me! I'M not on a diet.. oh, hoho no I'm not, it's not me that has to face those scales on Monday. In fact, she's trying to fatten me up a bit, so that I can't get to pull anymore of my feathers out.

You'll be pleased to hear I have stopped doing that nasty habit but as for the sad nibbled feathers on my legs, bum and shoulder blades, well, the less said about those areas, the better.

Moving swiftly along, I also got to have a teaspoonful of Ishpol, it's extremely good for everybody's digestive systems, I love it, she loves it, Debbie loves it, in fact, everyone we give it to loves it!

We're retiring to bed. I've now destroyed most of the two boxes she gave me into small beak sized bits, I've had my supper plus a goodly amount of hers, I am not given sweets, so I get a morsel of MY curd before I'm put to bed and tomorrow, well, we know about tomorrow, don't we?

It's domani.. isn't it!

GeeGee Parrot.
January 8th, 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment