Sunday 24 January 2016

SHE WAS VERY CLEVER WHILST I WAS AWAY.. AMAZING, NO COLD AIR UP MY BUM!

Ok, well not a lot of housework got done around here today, for I confess I played the 'invalid' card. This meant we spent a huge amount of time in YumYum HQ where she concocted all manner of delicious things with which to tempt Beaky.

She'd eaten a chicken, so there was that carcass plus a bag of bones from the frosty larder, they went into a big pan with carrots, hamburg parsley, several cloves of garlic, herbs, brought to the boil, then simmered for a good length of time to make delicious stock.

She'd soaked dried chickpeas for two days, today she boiled them with a minute amount of baking soda for an hour and a half. Then taking a whiz machine, she added a can of borlotti beans, fresh garlic, some of the water the chickpeas cooked in and made a stiff puree, a tablespoonful of tahini was added and two carrots from the chicken stock were mashed in along with a dessert spoonful of palmnut oil.

This, Dear Readers, is the new highly nutricious form of hummus that she's dreamt up for me. She made three large tubs of this which were put in chilly white larder and it'll be my morning yumyum mixed with a tiny bit of hot water to take the chill off the mix together with a soft boiled egg.

For our late lunch we had grilled salmon fillets, steamed beans and carrots from the stock, she had a cupful of the hot stock, I sniffed it but chose to have a slurp of kefir instead.

Whilst she cleaned up, I went to sit on front door pole.. what a difference! There was no cold draught up my bum.. which is more than a trifle bare at the moment.. I flew back to YumYum HQ's door and squeaked at her.. she came out and told me what happened.

For months, and I really do mean months, she's passed by this piece of hard plastic, a big piece of plastic that someone used for double glazing a window, it was put on the street as rubbish but not taken by the rubbish men as it is NOT rubbish! If you are still with me.. smile.

And on her way home from L'Oreal and passing it again, she thought 'I wonder if that would fit or be the same size as our glass front door panel', so picked it up and brought it home.

And guess what! It is exactly an inch longer than our glass panel but the same width! She put it into the bath, hosed it down with hot water, dried it off and slipped it against our glass panel and put a few tiny nails into the door to keep it in place. The difference was immediate and simply staggering!

A double glazed front door means our hall is warmer! And this can only be a good thing as I'll not be confined to our bedroom, well, I hope I won't. And, she, after speaking with a lovely herbalist friend, has started giving me a few drops tincture of nettle and dandelion in my water, they're high in iron and calcium, to help my poor, poor feathers to grow strong and healthy.

I look very funny (peculiar) with my practically bald legs, my bald tumtum and damaged shoulder blades.. she found photos of me when I was no more than six months old fully feathered up on an old laptop today. She said "Oh dear GeeGee.. oh dear!" I, too, thought oh dear, Dear Readers, for I have inflicted a tremendous amount of damage and now have to have this gruesome collar, sigh.

But with her on my case, I know it will get better, as long as I can be persuaded to forget the habit of a nibble here and a little nibble there but supposing Jasper's dad said "shall we meet?" OMG, I'd be mortified! I wonder if she'll be mortified or happy at 13.00 hours tomorrow! It's Monday.. aka scale weigh-in day.

GeeGee Parrot.
January 24th, 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment