Saturday 2 January 2016

MY WISH IS TO AMAZE, AMUSE, ASTONISH, ASTOUND.. AND INFORM.

Greetings from London town and here, in dark deepest Knightsbridhe, it's damp and a bit chilly-billy, so that I'm quite happy to be suggly-buggly underneath her bedclothes instead of perched on top of her head.

This post is all about, and for you, Dear Readers.

First up is a report of an email received a day ago from our dearest Granny-Jo, she doesn't see her very often but this old friend of nearly 41 years standing is particuarly dear to her. A. 'cos she sweet and a lovely woman and B. 'cos she helped put my mama 'back together again' after she had MAJOR renal surgery in April 1975.

Granny-Jo wrote that she reads my blog most days as it amuses her. My response was "darling Jo, if I make only one person laugh, then my 'job' is done.. Tick".

Then this morning we received an email from Karen. We wrote about Karen and her email said "that she'd laughed upon reading about herself and had read it to Bob', her husband. She'll reply to Karen later on today as she's now asleep in Duluth, Minnesota, but.. TickTick.. goodie-goodie.. two dear Dear Readers amused!

The evening before New Year's Eve, she received a telephone call from Tom in NYC and during the call, he said "I was shocked to learn from your recent post on Tom's of MAINE toothpaste that I bought because it sounded so healthy, and I'm looking at the tube right now, actually contains SLS.." Sodium Lauryl Sulphate.

Another tick but in a new category. For Tom, this Dear Reader, who is also a veryvery dear friend, has now been made aware of a not-so-nice chemical which is in this so-called 'healthy' toothpaste.

As I've written before, my role in writing is blog to amaze, amuse, astonish and astound. But my wish is also to.. INFORM. I am not an educator.. how could I be? I'm an eleven and a half year old Congolese African Grey Parrot who has never been to school.. but, I AM an informant.

And on this cold, damp morning, I'm also a happy blog writer.. we've moved along the alphabet a bit.. from A to I!

Chirp. I'm going back to sleep, it's not properly light out there, it's dismally dull and.. she forgot to bring a mug of LapySang back when she returned from the bathroom.. ChirpChirp.

GeeGee Parrot.
January 2nd, 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment