Monday 21 December 2015

WE AWOKE TO A BLUE (TRUE) SKY!

So Mr. Blue hasn't gone away after all! He's there, high above these evil, water logged grey clouds. So why can't or don't they whizz around the world and empty themselves over California, where there's an extremely serious water crisis.

Or, they could go due south and rain over a desert or two. OR, not even go as far south, they could turn themselves into snow clouds and do that 'falling' act over the mountainous regions of Austria, France and Switzerland where their mountains, which should look 'crisp, white and even', are still all green.

But true to winters' form, blue's now gone away and we're left with a murky pale beigey-grey sky. But let's cheer up, for all is not lost. She's had a couple of funny emails from friends that made her choke and squeal with laughter, just as they were meant to, plus an astonishing one from a woman in NYC.

"Who is the meanest woman in the west", as a mutual aquaintance once called this woman whose name is Adrienne. "For you should never ever expect her to behave properly and always count your fingers if you've been silly enough to give her your hand".. ouch!

Yes, an email plopped into an old email inbox late last night, it was nauseatingly sacherinely sweet  "huh, GeeGee, I wonder what she wants, I bet you 10-2-1 that she's coming to London within a week or two and will be wanting to stay.. fat chance Adrienne, in fact, NO chance at all".

But she's got things to do and places to go to.. there's a big bag of stuff to be dropped off in Battersea for Faith and her children, a cake to be delivered, more powdered almonds to be bought, for each of those orange cake takes 250g, her weigh-in has to be done and I heard her making an appointment for tomorrow in East Sheen.. ugh.. THAT'S where Chris Hall, my veterinary surgeon, has his surgery.

Now, don't get me wrong.. I LOVE this man, in fact, the first time I met him, I blushed.. and he was mightily astonished and said to my mama "I have NEVER seen an African Grey do this, I was taught at vet school that the females do it sometimes, how amazing!"

So, it truly is a case of PipPip & FlapFlap.. for I've got to go and wave 'farewell to a cake"..

GeeGee Parrot.
December 21st, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment