Monday 28 December 2015

BIG BRUCE'S RESOLUTIONS. To keep or not to keep..Part three.

Dear Readers.. tonight I am giving over the writing of my blog to my big Uncle Big Bruce, whose name will become obvious shortly.. she didn't think he'd write it until tomorrow morning but he must have read Private Eye really quickly and so the following post is written by him, in my kind-of-style.. read on, Dear Readers, read on.

He is staying with us, as you know, on a stopover having spent Christmas with his brother and his family in Italy before flying back to the Isle of Man. (I've mentioned him before, he does stuff with ribbons.. The Little Printed Ribbon Company, yes, that Cousin Bruce.)

Sorry, I digress, he's writing on my blog to celebrate our birthday, yes, Dear Readers, we've been 'on Air' so to speak for four years, can you believe it? And in that time we have shared many stories, recipes and the odd parrot rant! Which we hope you have all enjoyed reading, eating and ranting along with with her and me!

Now Big Bruce is so called because he is.. well.. BIG.. and his name is.. Bruce. He tells me that he was quite svelte and a bit of a looker. (Not anymore folks). You see for many years he smoked (kids, don't even think about starting), which was / is a disgusting habit.

And then one day, he stopped! But on went the lbs - he is six stone heavier (a stone is 14lbs), he is a behemoth of a man standing 6 feet 2 inches tall in old money.

Well, it has come to his attention that certain photographs taken during the Christmas festivities do not show him in a very good light. In fact, he is blocking out a lot of the light. This brings me to the subject of my blog.. thank goodness, at last, I hear you cry! He has said he must do something about his weight.

As you know, she has done extremely well of late with her dieting and is now looking fabulous. So Big Bruce is making a New Year resolution to try to lose a lot of the six stone he put on, but we all know how quickly resolutions are broken, so I have agreed, reluctantly, that we will monitor his progress through this year on this blog, aka.. my blog.

I say reluctantly because the two of us did not get off to the best start when we first met. His hand got caught in Beaky (HeeHee). But I've forgiven him. So here's to him getting a 'little'.. hopefully a lot.. trimmer and slimmer through the year and we'll all cheer him on, won't we! Watch my Beaky and repeat after me.. yes, GeeGee, we WILL cheer him on.

He's now in bed, big woofter that he is, he's got blisters on his blisters from the walking that he did today, she.. aka my mama did the same amount of walking but is made of tougher stuff, as you would be if you'd had Constance as your mother, so we'll have to let him be!

And tomorrow, we'll tell you about the trip that Big Bruce and she took to Northwood.

Shush.. big grown men asleep.. nighty-night.. Dear Readers.. sleep tight.. Hush.

GeeGee Parrot.
December 28th, 2015.
PostScript: With the odd tweak from us.. me and her.. most of this post was written by BUB! Ahha.. that's a splendid name for him.. it stands for B for BIG, 'cos he is, U for Uncle, 'cos he's bigger than most second cousins and B for Bruce, 'cos that's his name! Oh and I'm a poet but didn't know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment