Friday 25 December 2015

HOHOHO.. THERE'S LOTS OF THAT BUT JOE'S GOT NO SNOW.. FOR IT'S 17C IN OTTAWA!

Happy Christmas everyone. Santa visited me early this morning and left me an orange, my newest love, and a fast-breaking menu! Now I know that sounds pretty strange but the strangest thing is I'm pretty sure I've never met this man and yet he knows that I reallyreally love food, weird eh?

We awoke to find emails from Tom and Bob, Joe and Faith and a pretty one. It is a Paperless Post Christmas card from Austria, the first part of the card is a photo of a castle, yes Dear Readers, a REAL Austrian Schloss, called Churburg ~ built in 1250! ~ it's in the south Tyrol and is the home of Cecily and Johannes Trapp, Grafin und Graf von Matsch.

"Thank you Cecily, perhaps this year? And in the meantime, we wish Johannes, all of your family and you, Gods' blessings of good health and much happiness".

To Faith "sweetie, I hope they fit and / or the girls like them enough to keep them for when they're taller / bigger", she wants to call Leigh and Ossie to wish them a happy Christmas, and speak with Fanny in Paguera on the island of Mallorca.. Tom and Bob who are both in NYC and other friends who live all around the world, some farfar away and some near by.

But yes, you did read that correctly. Cecily and Johannes are the senior branch of the family Trapp. It was a member of another branch of this family, incorrectly named 'Baron von Trapp', who married his children's nanny and it's their story, which included escaping from the Nazis, which was immortalised in the film 'The Sound of Music'.

We wonder if they've got lots of snow for Christmas in Austria? For Joe in Ottawa in Canada hasn't! He reports that there's NO snow, which must be more than weird and that it is 17c degrees! Ooh dear, she cannot imagine there being no snow in Canada at this time of the year. She spent happy times at Chateau Montebello, Quebec with LOTS of the pure Canadian style crisp white stuff.

Gracious me, that's even warmer than it is here, where it's a balmy 14c. It's dry, thank goodness, as that big rain storm we were expecting didn't hit London last night but we fear for the waterlogged North West part of the UK. And Santa must have put rubber, squeak proof wheels on his sleigh last night for there was no snow with which to glide about on!

Back to that menu.. it lists : Eggs.. done anyway I want.. Toast.. TOAST! I have 't seen a toasty crust for at least six months, oh yum. Hummus and Smoked Salmon. Oh dear, oh dearie me, such choices, what shall I have?

I know what, as I would like anything (and everything) on this menu, I'll leave it up to her and let it be a surprise, another gift as it were. A Christmas gift of yumyum made with love by my mum.

GeeGee Parrot.
Christmas Day,
December 25th, 2015.
PostScript: An important date, the 27th, is fast approaching, have you recalled its' significance yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment