Wednesday 1 April 2015

I'M MY MAMA'S BEST GIRL.. AND YOU ALL LOVE MERINGUES, DON'T YOU?

Yes I'am.. I surely am her best girl and she won't have sniggering and saying that I am her only girl..

But before I start my first post of the day, I have to say that ALL of you are just crazy-daisy about meringues!

For I cannot remember when a post has been read by so many people in such a short period of time. MaryLou is going to use our recipe to make one and wrote that she used to put chocolate chips into the eggwhites and bake them, oh, we love that, for melted chocolate = yum.

Now back to today.

We have had a splendidly 'foolish' start to our April Fools Day, for we awoke quite early but instead of getting up and being 'up and at 'hem', we slipped back into her bed ~ she doesn't fit into mine ~ and snuggled for an hour!

She scritched and scratched my head and neck and very gently stroked underneath my right wing, fiddled with my fast-becoming bald tumtum and rubbed Beaky.. sighhhh. Oh, it is so delicious to be caressed by someone you love, is it not?

We've had egg-the-peg and rye toast, we're just like Jack Sprat and his wife, do you remember who they were? One could only eat the fat and the other could only eat the lean, I get the reallyreally crunchy bits of toast crust, she eats the rest of the slice. We waste nothing!

She has an exciting day today.. for she has known this woman for a long time but never had anything made by her as she always worked with Ros and Caro but today she is taking a piece of fabric down to her new dress maker! And, as she was Jean Muir's head cutter, you know that this fabric is going to turn into being something glorious!

And she's taking several other pieces of fabric with her as the woman said "do bring other fabrics as I know who you are an agent for and am mad about their stuff and I have lots of other clients". That's exciting, isn't it?

Now.. about a week or so ago, I wrote about the wicked west wind.. have you experienced him? He is blowing 'fit to bust' all over our country and it has made her think about those Wind Turbines.. grrr.. you know, those very ugly-buggly tall things that are supposed to generate electricity.

Apparently they are in a dreadful way.. why? Because they can only withstand winds of so many mph or kph and these strong winds are causing them all sorts of trouble. Which takes me back to olden times and how they harnessed water to generate power.. yes, folks.. water mills and of course, wind mills which were also highly effective but a much more sensible design than these new monsters.

Hydro-electricity.. is what we call it now and why are we not utilising it more? For HM The Queen does at Windsor, the river Thames powers a lot of Windsor Castle.

Recently she watched an interesting documentary about a 18th century water mill in Northumberland being renovated and how the wheel and the river now creates ALL of the electricity that is needed to heat, light and power this beautiful old building.

The water in rivers doesn't ever stop flowing, water mills were built on the bit of a river where there is a 'race', aka a drop in the level of the river bed. So as the water flows at speed downhill, the wheel spins as the water forces it around.. and hey presto.. power.

They are not affected by murky or gloomy days, or by too much or too little wind. NO BRAINER..

What is also a no brainer, is that she has to stop tapping this post and get dressed and washed. I know, how shameful, we're still lolling about and it is nearly midday! But behaviour of this type is what happens when you stay up late finishing a thriller-diller.. aka book.

So she must get a'going and I'll just continue with addressing.. aka beaking.. my feathers and we are going to come back and tell you all about it when she has been to the dressmaker.

Stretch-n-flap-a-dap, I'm mighty glad I don't have to go out there for it looks mighty windy and very chilly. I'm quite content to stay here and be snug and warm, she can tell me all the news when she gets home.

GeeGee Parrot.
April 1st, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment