Wednesday 8 April 2015

I SHOULD HAVE LEFT MY CLOTHES ON.. SHE'S TURNED THE HEATING OFF!

Oh.. my ears and whiskers! It was warm yesterday but it ain't today, old Mr.Sun has gone elsewhere or else his torch has broken. It is back to being dismal and yesterday's pretty blue sky has vanished and today's is as dreary and dull as old ditch water.. sigh.

But, let's look upon it in as gardeners should. We do not want the earth to be too dry, for seeds would not germinate and grow properly, we do need moisture at this time of year this enormous amount of growth is happening.

But it is now the second week of April and old meanie.. aka my mama.. turns off the heating this week and it will not go back on again until the late autumn / early Winter. I knew there was a reason why I don't moult every year.. too chilly-billy to do that too often.

So the heating is off and as all our neighbours are away and their heating is not on to warm our walls, I am extremely glad that my night-house is between two big cupboards and has a thick curtain infront of it, so I am not in a draught and at least I was sensible enough to leave my back feathers on, so old Beaky can at least snuggle between my shoulder blades and keep warm.

She read something absolutely-mind-blowingly-amazing today. How much do you know about the Religious Society of Friends, known as the Quakers? We know very little about them, except we do know the original Cadbury family of chocolate fame were, and that Dame Dudi Dench is a Quaker.

But the information she read today IS staggering, it all started in the days of with Henry 8th.. It is to do with medicine in England. She is going to read about it this evening and we will post about it tomorrow.. truly extraordinary stuff.

So.. as usual folks.. go slowly and come back tomorrow, she should be able to tap it all out by early afternoon.

I hope supper's hot? Life would be too dismal if she expects me to munch on a cold carrot..

GeeGee Parrot.
April 8th, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment