Thursday 16 April 2015

HEY MAMA, ARE WE GOING TO HAVE SNOW, IT SURE IS COLD ENOUGH!

Oh.. silly old mama, because yesterday was 26 degrees and todays' sky was sunny when she walked to work, she wore a linen shirt with no jacket. It was ok in the shop but when she left to come home, oh, her ears and whiskers.. it was icy cold and spitting rain.

"Please don't tear the cherry blossom off my trees", she muttered to that beastly old cold wind as she and WW came down the stairs. As if nasty old cold wind would even listen to her, he blows as cold as he can and smirks to himself saying "it's only April, I'll do what I lke".. Brrrr.

Not much to report today.. Dear John, one of the other volunteers, came into the shop.. she says that it was SO very good to see him again, he had been unwell for a couple of months with a dreadul lurgy bug but he's now back working and looks happy and heathy. 

Me.. well, I have even fewer feathers on my tumtum, I look pretty weird, to say the least, with bald patches and coming through my pale grey skin are my new feathers that look like arrow heads but this bird has to do what this bird has to do and I'm a'doing my bi-annual moult!

I'm off to bed, apparently we have to get up early tomorrow, so I'll have just a quick slurp of hummus and a couple of nuts in my cage incase I feel hungry in the wee small hours of the morning.

Goodness me.. half way through April.. she still hasn't weeded that poor asparagus bed.. ah well.. we may not have that much this year but it ain't the end of the world, she'll do the weeding and then put down a lot of compost and manure in mid June to get it ready for next year. Nothing is ever written in stone in gardening.

Bed time.. Good night to you all.. it's now raining hard and it's very chilly-billy.

GeeGee Parrot.
April 16th, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment