Thursday 22 January 2015

YES, OF COURSE, I EAT MY GREENS & MY YELLOWS & MY REDS!

We have had one of the laziest days I can remember, she gave herself a very quick lick and a promise of a wash, pulled on thick socks and a fleece jacket over her pyjamas and we went into the YumYum HQ to rattle some pots and pans.

For a batch of Savoury biscuits is needed with which to say "Thank You" to an old friend, who did a job over-night for her, her old client will not believe it when she turns up tomorrow!

Then she had a rootle around in the fridge and found the fish we were going to have for supper. Fish and meat should never be cooked straight from the fridge, they need to be at room temperature, so this is sitting out on the work surface under a cover.

Next was an inspection of the vegetable basket.. there were rather forelorn looking carrots and parsnips and a very strange looking leek, he was trying to do a runner and was thin and pale, you all know what I am talking about, and from Sundays' swag bag from Ted's Organic Veg, there were lots of small yellow beetroots and a couple of celeriacs.

Down came a big pan, in went a slosh of good oil oil, lots of cloves of garlic got given a bash and a chop. Then chopchop went the very sharp knife on the vegetables. After they had all 'browned a bit', she dug three chicken stock cubes out of the freezer and added them to the pot, together with a litre and a half of hot water.

Seasoned and brought to the boil, it simmered for half an hour, was whizzed in a liquidiser and allowed to cool a bit.

Oh.. what a great way to eat 'sad' vegetables! I love them done this way, the taste is extraordinary for half of one mouthful is very carroty but the next is pure celeriac! I am VERY spoilt, for I get to perch on Goosie Head and she offers me this potage on a silver spoon. Then I had an additional course of walnuts, this time, however, I stood on top of chilly white larder to eat these, I am fond of our mice but I don't intend them to have my nuts!

Huh.. how many Parrots can say that, I am referring to being spoon fed with a Sterling Silver tablespoon? Not a lot, as Paul Daniels, the famous magician would say.

Biscuits are baked and out chilling on the drying racks, they were photographed and the recipe is flying to friends in the country and overseas, they're very delicious and incredibly simple.. just like le potage de legumes we ate for lunch.

Sometimes it IS ok to stay at home and work at one's own speed. In fact, after her day yesterday, it is just what she needed.

Slurp time is fast approaching.. I am crazy-daisy about fish-the-dish, so is she and we eat it several times a week.. it is very good for you and me! I have very glossy feathers, lots of new ones that arrive all the time and a big strong beaky Beak.

PipPip.. time to concentrate.. PipPip.

GeeGee Parrot.
January 22nd, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment