Monday 5 January 2015

THE DEMISE OF PIES..

Ohhoho.. even those of you who do not know us are aware that YumYum HQ is not a large room and that it can be crossed with one or two flaps.

Today, I regret to say, I was being my most annoying, bouncing on and off her head with, if I say 'gay abandonment', you'll have some sort of an idea!

So.. she gave up and allowed me to perambulate along the work surface, over to the egg boxes. 

She was busy cutting dough into tiny slices and, so most unusually, did not have even an eyelash pointing in my direction.

So with Beaky in pole position, ie. in front, off I went to see what was to be found. With no noisy flapflaps involved I climbed quietly over the eggs, a couple of tubs, sadly locked, until I reached the wall where there are lots of things in pots.

But what was I standing on, it was box made of cardboard and one end was already open, truly, it was, I am not telling gross fibs.

And so I gave it a little Beaking and out slid a thing, the like of which I have never seen before.

What was it, I wondered and were there anymore?
So I settled down to investigate the cardboard box, nibblenibble, Beaky got faster and faster and then, oh, there they all were.

Five of these little cuties were sitting in their cute little pots, I thought yumyum and gave one a crunch! 

Unfortunately the noise of slicing through the little shiny pot made her aware that Beaky had been very busy and she said "what do you think you are doing?"

Parents are strange, aren't they? 

I would have thought it quite obvious what I was doing. I was giving this delicious, never tasted before, piece of yumyum a good Beaking and it was mighty tasty too.

But what were they? There were now four which were untouched by Beaky.

She laughed, put water into magic boiling pot.. aka kettle.. and said "They're called Mince Pies and they're traditionally eaten at Christmas time at tea time. So we will have a cup of LappySang and I'll show you how to eat them.. properly".

And sliding them out of what remained of their box, she popped them out of their shiny pots and placed them onto a pretty plate.

Fancy that.. I have had many Christmas tea times but never before have I met a Mince Pie.

It is a pity that Easter doesn't have Mince Pies, isn't it? But there is a celebration tomorrow.. do you know what it is?

It is the Twelfth Night and we will eat twelve grapes to wish ourselves Health, Wealth, Happiness for the new year of 2015 and the time to enjoy it all.

GeeGee Parrot.
January 4th, 2015. 

No comments:

Post a Comment