Sunday 15 January 2012

The Tale of Christmas Day and The Funky Chicken Dance.

It was early when I awoke that Christmas morn. I had woken early because I had to get MY present to HER absolutely right. It was 2006 and I didn't get pocket money in those days, so I hadn't been able to purchase a present but I knew that I had to give HER something special.

SHE loves to laugh and sing but I couldn't write music for a song, so I scratched my beak and came up with something that would, I hoped, amuse HER and make HER laugh.

Taking a deep breath, I began with "perkcherch, perkch" and began to move on my perch. SHE was fast asleep, after all it was only 07.00am but I had to wake HER up with MY present "perchurip, perkcherkkk" louder and louder, over and over I called to HER.

Suddenly, my cover rolled back and there SHE was, looking, I must say, mighty mystified! It was time to 'give' HER MY Christmas present And I sprang into motion with the words "Perkcherk, cherkkk, chirp, chirp, perk chirp" and I strutted my stuff up and down my perch, wiggling my tail and flapping my wings.

YOU see, Dear Reader, if YOU don't have beans or any other currency with which to buy presents and you can't write music, you have to make YOUR Beloved laugh.

SHE laughed as I gave HER MY version of The Funky Chicken Dance on Christmas Day.

GeeGee Parrot.
January 15th, 2012.

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Gee Gee
    You are a most creative girl!
    I too would like to dance, but have no clue where to start!
    Do you have a video of this dance? Hmmm Perhaps I could lose some of my winter bulge, no, it's cold, I'll just do the dance slowly!
    Humans are so easily amused, thankfully for us, right?
    Looking forward to your video! Thank you for writing each day! My human laughs alot, then she shows me bird pictures! My favourite sites to see!
    All the best to you GeeGee!
    (Any sign of the pilfered nuts???)
    Yours
    Mr. Yowie Boy Cat Esq.

    ReplyDelete