Sunday 8 January 2012

Beginning The 'Begin The Beguine' Tale.

Have you noticed something Dear Reader, the Tales I tell are, of course, mostly about me and I yes, I know that it is MY Blog.

However today, SHE was going to do some ironing and SHE muttered something and, for an instance, I thought SHE was quoting Shakespeare but I soon realised what SHE had been saying was "oh Gloria, Gloria, wherefore art thou Gloria?", in the meantime I was SO excited to see Ironing Board and Iron come out of their cupboard-house that I did a few limbering-up movements ready for MY Salsa dancing on top of the door. See previous Post to get up to speed if you are unaware of who Gloria is / was.

But, what was this.... A tune I had never heard before. BUT, ONE SHE obviously knew well as SHE had a mysterious, 'wet-eyed' / sentimental look on HER face. The name of the song was 'Begin The Beguine'.

NO, SHE is not THAT old, it wasn't the original that Constance and Hugo would have smooched to on a dance floor somewhere East of Suez. It was the Spanish version sung by Julio Iglesias. If you don't know who Constance and Hugo are / were, go back and read Tales from Malaya, that will fill you in.

When SHE was getting more water for Iron, I hopped down to look at the recording date. Goodness me, he recorded it in 1981. I know SHE is very zipped up about HER 'FRIENDS' but it struck me that the one SHE had had at this time, whose name I have yet to extract from HER, must have danced with HER.

Now WHOM could I ask? Charlotte is of absolutely NO use, she wouldn't tell YOU your own name if she thought it was not your business.

Getting information out of HER sometimes is like a extracting a rabbit from a hole when it knows there are ferrets about! NOT EASY, in fact, SHE has been known to get a 'mulish' look in her eye and to clam up tighter than a Razor Clam. Equally, to MY astonishment sometimes, SHE will unlock that extraordinary memory of HER'S and SHE'll sing like the proverbial Canary, telling YOU who did what and to whom and when and where.

But, come to think about it, the information isn't ever about HER and any significant other.

I hopped back onto the top of sitting room door and thought about whom it might have been. Whomever it was, SHE obviously has extremely happy memories for otherwise SHE wouldn't still have the recording.

It is certainly a Tale that has to be expanded at another date, wait a minute, the same music is playing and SHE's singing along, SHE knows the words, this is now very serious, please, Dagga-the-Parrot-in-the-Sky I need help.

GeeGee Parrot.
January 8th, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment