Saturday 28 January 2012

The next day after Lunch.

Dear Reader, my apologies to YOU all. I know I should have written about OUR luncheon last night but it was very late when WE got home and SHE made a quick telephone call and then WE went straight to bed.

Something serious was going on in the West End of the city last night as the Police were all over the place and several of the major roads were closed, SHE considered going on the Tube, but as SHE was very tired and carrying ME, a basket + a pot of flowers, the thought of all those people rushing to go elsewhere on a Friday night was NOT a happy one and so WE just sat on the #19 bus and let it carry us home.

Lollipop was the first to arrive, (she is always on time), the doorbell rang and there she was, I am afraid to admit that WE were running behind schedule. But there was no problem, SHE said "follow me" and took her guest straight upstairs. WE were planning to give our guests drinks and nibbles downstairs but it wasn't going to happen, so through the kitchen they went into the Drawing Room and OUR party started.

JJ arrived a little late but, as he was carrying a pretty bag with beautiful pots of Paperwhites for HER and Studio Owner, he was forgiven instantly! Lollipop has already given Studio Owner a bottle of Red Wine that they found to be delicious.

Well.. What can ONE say? Except what an extraordinary lunch THAT was. It transpired that Lollipop had known Lovely Assistant's father a long time ago, so they had lots to talk about, JJ knew lots of people that Studio Owner knew, so they were off and running to the races, as it were and as neither of them are shy, there was none of that stilted conversation that you sometimes hear at parties.

SHE served MY food on a smaller plate, I had salad, I particularly like the dressing that Studio Owner makes, then, as I am a Raptor and eat meat, I had lamb and vegetables, followed by fresh berries with spiny-apples served in their shells with Rosewater.

SHE put the food onto MY plate and gave me ONE OF THOSE LOOKS, I know YOU know what sort I mean, it is the look that mothers give their children and it says "BEHAVE and don't let the side down", so I kept MY beak out of HER plate and ate what SHE had put on mine.

Oh, I forgotten how much I lurve Raspberries, SHE grows both the Red and Golden Autumn Varieties on HER allotment. If it wasn't SO bitter that is where SHE would be today, cutting down the Raspberry Canes and Asparagus Ferns, but it is freezing...

BUT WHAT is this I hear, YOU've never eaten a Golden Raspberry, well, if YOU 'curry' favour with HER, you might get invited to one of HER monthly lunches next summer and eat some of these fruits that taste like nectar.. yum.

THEY all had a marvellous time and I am pleased to report that I behaved impeccably, this is NOT a gross fib, I promise you. My only slip was to slurp out of HER coffee cup, oh Lord, how I love coffee and SHE forbids it, so it has to be done on the sly when SHE is not watching, I had managed to steal two slurps before SHE cottoned on to what I was doing, great pity that.

When I had finished eating, I dropped my back toes over the edge of the table and settled down to watch them. My dears, there wasn't a lull in the conversation once, not for a nano-second did they stop to draw breath, they ate and drank and laughed and told stories.

In fact, THEY carried on as if all of them had known each other for decades.. it is such fun to see HUMANS having a nice time and it is MUCH nicer for ME than HER going out to a restaurant, where, of course, I cannot go.

This brings us to today... We are having a very lazy morning, WE got up, ate breakfast, SHE switched on Router and the two of US got back into her cosy bed. SHE does have to go out later to collect some things from The Trinity Shop in Fulham Road, the shop is going to be closed for a week whilst the builders are renovating the electrical system, so SHE is picking up a couple of things and then coming home via the North End Road.

SHE will go to see Butcher DICKINSONS in The North End Road to say "Thank You" for that superb Leg of Lamb. And SHE will also see Carol who supplies HER with vegetables. Yes, I know SHE has an allotment but don't forget SHE had to feed lots of hungry mouths, not just US this week!

I hope that YOU have plans for a happy weekend. Don't catch a chill as it is very cold outside. Me, I plan to settle on top of OUR bedroom door and have a little snooze whilst SHE is out.


GeeGee Parrot.
January 28th, 2012.

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Gee Gee
    Oh how wonderful! (Careful with the coffee tho, all that zoom in your wings could be frightening!)
    So glad you were able to go for lunch! My SHE talked very much about the lamb your SHE made, but my SHE didn't bring any home for me...Must have been tasty cos SHE must have eaten it all up!
    My SHE has the loud sucker thing out, so I'm going back to bed where it's safe and warm!
    Have a nice relaxing day with your SHE. Love and Angels to you my Dear Friend
    Mr. Yowie Boy Cat Esq.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do leg of lamb several times a year for big family gatherings. Usually I don't have a scrap left. If memory serves me well, I season the lamb about the same way I do the pork roast. However, I cook it with about a mustard glass of white wine which makes a wonderful slightly thickened gravy.

    ReplyDelete