Tuesday 3 January 2012

BAD BAT BEHAVIOUR and DAIRY DIARY DATES.

Whilst SHE was having the HAPPY DAY with BiBi Dearest at Westfield yesterday, BiBi Dearest asked something to the effect of "but don't all Parrots bite / nip?". Dear Reader, this is such a shameful thing to have to admit but yes, WE Parrots do nip. We nip when we are; anxious, hungry, over-excited or jursttt plain grumpy.

And, recently, SHE read somewhere about 'BAD BAT BEHAVIOUR' and recognised it as one of MY behavioural high jinks that SHE had never been privy to with Dagga-the-Parrot, whom I am beginning to believe was a Saint-amongst-Parrots, well, except for the Tale of The Queen Anne Desk, sorry, Dagga-the-Parrot, the TRUTH has to be told and that is a TALE that WILL be told.

BAD BAT BEHAVIOUR involves hanging upside down, holding onto whatever with one claw and trying to connect with whatever part of HER that is within reach of BEAK or claw, yes, Dear Reader, that very same BEAK that grabbed hold of Debi's coffee cup and threw the coffee at her, go back to an earlier BLOG post to read that TALE.

It is a great game, but, blood rushing to ONE's head causes one to lose sight of proper behaviour. I am not sure where it goes to but it goes out of 'Bird Brain'. And the end result of BAD BAT BEHAVIOUR is, that if I am lucky enough to score and catch hold of FINGER, well, poor FINGER gets a nip... The harder the better.... sometimes I score CRUNCH but I better be very quick 'cos SHE has be known to come right back at me with FIST and stick it right in front of BEAK and say in an extremely FIERCE voice "Smell this and tremble"!
And I do.

I am THANKFUL that this is, usually, the only time I nip HER. Mind you, SHE's swift to retaliate even to nip, LIGHT goes out and I am left hanging upside down in pitch darkness!

Not a nice place to be. So flapping (swiftly) along in order to change THE subject...

Here are some vital dates for YOUR diaries .. Ellie's DAIRY DIARY DATES for January.

We will post the exact addresses / locations in plenty of time but these are the dates.

Saturday, January 14th, 2012. BALHAM. NO snide remarks about Balham being the Gateway to the South please.

Sunday, January 29th, 2012. Parson's Green Farmer's Market. Actually located way down the King's Road in the school yard, just before the road turns to join the Fulham Road.

Go online and order your milk... Ellie will bring YOUR reserved GOATY MILK with her. It comes by the Pint, in either 1 or 2 Pint bottles. Ellie also brings Cheese and Soap with her, check out the website @ www.elliesdairy.co.uk.

AND .... Go and READ ELLIE's BLOG... You won't believe how NORTY those Goaty Folk can be!

With which, I am signing off... SHE is going out to Covent Garden clutching BASKET, no, not Wicker Trolley's Basket, this is woven basket which SHE puts over HER shoulder. SHE's put in BIG Camera, HER bag and SHE wants iPad, so I've got to have to stop writing now. SHE's going to the APPLE STORE to load iPad up with all sorts of APS.

Well, that was the plan, until she opened the front door and got blown back in by the gale force winds and torrential rain. What horrid weather. Change of plan, SHE took street wear off, got into house-cleaning-clothes and proceeded to rip the front room apart. Vacuum got dragged out of his cosy cupboard, dusters taken out of the house-keepers drawer, SHE irons her dusters.. not another word is going to escape my beak about what else SHE irons.. But yes, SHE likes clean and ironed dusters!

Whenever I saw signs of flagging aka giving up, I whizzed about to cheer the troop on. It IS very dreary work housework, so I flapped and whistled and hung upside down from MY gym ring, yes, DEAR READER, I have a gym with excercise bars and ropes AND beautiful bells, courtesy of Clock-Mender David, whose whereabouts are unknown which is very sad, sigh. Back to cheering on HER, I also said "Hello" in Mysterious Man's voice a couple of times and I did my very special WHUSHHH noise. Now the origin of that noise, that's an extremely good Tale for another day! Just thinking about that tale makes ME laugh and I STAR in it!

Books, books, books... I swear they rub together and have babies, they are everywhere. What does she see in all those words? Give HER a book and she's off to another place ...

Pamela-Follower is a GREAT book giver, she gave HER some good books which are, apparently, really wonderful reads. SHE misses Pamela, she used to be in the office @ St.Columba Church of Scotland, but now she's living and working in Oxfordshire, this way she doesn't have to commute or have to live between a flat in London and their home, she married Paul in December 2010, in a glorious, glorious dress which was bewitching in its' beauty, she looked exquisite and at the reception, she and Paul danced a dance which was very sexy and a man for whom Pam had worked before said "wow" and wow, it was... wow.

BAD NEWS.. The holidays are over.. Oh, woe is me, SHE goes to do her volunteer work tomorrow and doesn't take me, there are some people who work there with her who don't like birds, so I get LEFT BEHIND, SHE says the dreaded word 'STAY' and out of the door SHE goes.

But, don't be sad, let's be happy.. Because if SHE is starting HER volunteer work then going to the STUDIO must be any day now..... WE will see Lovely Assistant and dear, dear Studio Owner whom I love dearly, even if I did give her a small nip, just to show that I could, as it were.

As SHE will be on her feet all day tomorrow it is an early bedtime for us dollies... That is why SHE has written and is posting the Blog tonight rather than in the morning which is when she usually writes it.

Yawn.. Sleep well.

GeeGee Parrot.
January 3rd, 2012.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Miss Gee Gee!
    You do make me laugh! I will never forget the battle of the cup, of course you won out in the end! I could never hold a grudge as it was just the funniest thing I'd ever seen!
    I look forward to your musings as they are so engaging! I can see your little face standing in front of the page...Looking forward to more messages!
    Lots of love and Angels to you and SHE xoxoxox
    Debi

    ReplyDelete