Wednesday 11 January 2012

Raclette and Cheerful Folk

Are good ingredients for a successful party. It was Studio Owner's birthday party last night and it was a success!

I hope Studio Owner liked MY present, it was a small stone head of a Falcon depicting the Egyptian God Horus. I thought it about time she had a BIRD of her own to keep her company and give her protection whilst I am not in the Studio.

Neither of my two chums (both of whom have had African Grey Parrots) were there but Mark was, WE met Mark just before Christmas. WE sat together at the table, the 3 of us, HER, Mark and I and THEY ate Raclette and it was very nice because Mark gave ME some of his Potato.

No, I didn't bully him, he was kind enough to offer it to ME.

The Raclette Grilling was done by a very dear person, she is an old friend of Studio Owner. Susannah had actually gone to the trouble of bringing the Grill Machine up from the country up to London and bought an enormous chunk of Raclette Cheese. She served it the correct way, like they do in Savoy / Switzerland, with boiled potatoes and Gerkins and very tasty it was, too!

There were two pretty women there who Ooohed and Ahmed over me, you will be happy to know that I was safely perched on HER head, out of anyone's way and keeping my beak to myself, as it were! You have heard what happens if people want to stroke me.. It is better not to as 'small nip' might just occur, not out of malice, I get jursttttt too excited. Sure enough, they had both had contact with African Grey Parrots in their childhoods.

Then WE spoke to a charming man who used to be in Theatre Design who spoke about working with animals and birds in the theatre, rather remiss of US as WE didn't catch his name but he is now a Jeweller.. This is a very proper trade with demanding skills and an intensive training, if you want to be a good one!

It was getting late, so SHE washed up the plates and it was time to slide out quietly, SHE said "farewell" to Lovely Assistant and asked HIM to say "thank you" to dear Studio Owner who was deep in conversation wirh friends, WE said "goodbye and good night" to Jeffrey and Mark and WE slipped down the stairs to collect HER coat, wicker trolley, pop ME into my basket and to catch our bus home.

Home, quick lick of Homous, a drink of water, a "goodnight" kiss on my beak and into my bed / cage. I was asleep with MY beak between my wing blades in a matter of minutes.

What a happy time. I like parties.

GeeGee Parrot.
January 11th, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment