Saturday 14 January 2012

An Instrument Rated Pilot I am not.

Oh dear, I had a crash and bust MY tail up... I am now minus 4 of MY red feathers.

It was very early on Thursday morning and SHE had gone down to the bathroom without switching on the hall lights. I took off from the sittingroom door, thinking that there was enough light to make the manoeuvre into the bathroom, do a small circuit and land on top of the door...

I misjudged it extremely badly, hit the hall side of the door and crashed onto the floor. Tail damaged, four, yes four, feathers loosened which then dropped from MY fuselage. The shame of it, luckily all that was really hurt was MY pride, I made sure to jump right up and do a take off and landing before MY nerves were damaged.

SHE picked up the feathers and put them into a jar, not a word was said, SHE can be very diplomatic sometimes. I know SHE was thinking of doing some work at home today, but instead, SHE went out and that meant that I was able to be quiet at home and able to 'lick my wounds' as it were and think about that hideous flight that went SO wrong.

It is a great pity that Pilot isn't around, he flew jets and landed on AirCraft Carriers, he had both Instrument Rating as well as Visual Rating for flying and he would certainly be able to give ME one or two pointers.

Now SHE is home and is downloading the iTunes software onto HER desktop, then SHE'll be able to move some more photos onto iPad. She did the ones of Marie Teresa and Zaira when SHE was in the Apple Store in Covent Garden, oh, I had completely forgotten about those charming Italian women.

WE ALL had a great deal of fun whilst they were here. Zaira came all the way from Roma especially to meet me, she LURVES African Grey Parrots and actually, by the time I had finished clambering all over Marie Teresa, she was pretty fond of me too!

WE will write about them and post the photos.. It all started because Zaira asked if I would be permitted to join them for breakfast... One of MY favourite meals is breakfast, just the name alone is pretty good if you think about it! Lord knows how I hate to 'fast', so breaking it every day makes perfect sense to ME.

SHE received an email saying that there was going to be some fresh Kid meat at The Farmer's Market on Saturday at Balham, SHE bought a pack and now WE must look for a good recipe as Kid meat is wonderful. Ellie suggested some Apricots.. What a good idea that sounds.

But tonight SHE cooked shoulder of Pork with the bone in.. A big treat for the weekend, with Brussel Sprout tops and some Purple Sprouting Brocolli. I had some of the meat and vegetables, followed by two slices go Persimmon. I'll sleep well tonight with a full tummy, that's for sure, WE will both sleep well.. And WE hope you will too.

GeeGee Parrot.
January 14th, 2012.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my Dearest Gee Gee!
    Are you all right? (Once got my tail bent up in a door and couldn't walk properly for days! Carried about by the humans! oo'er!)
    Here's hoping you will be winging around soon! Sending lots of love and Angels to quickly replace your lovely feathers!
    Your Sincerely
    Mr.Yowie Boy Cat Esq.

    ReplyDelete