Sunday 1 January 2012

Of Cartoons and the Mysterious Man.

Above HER desk is a Cartoon, in fact there are two cartons but today I am going to write about the Cartoon painting.

It is of a Grey Parrot holding a newspaper called 'PARROT REVIEW', it is the 50th edition dated 7th July, 2000 and it cost 5 Brasil Nuts.

GREY SEES PINK.
A huge triumph for Parrot humour was struck recently when Dagga, an African Grey, caught his owner (?), the voluptuous, eccentric Miss ....., aged 50, in the buff making her bed. Dagga said "I had been perambulating around the flat when I saw her, as pink as the day she was born, bending over making her bed, I couldn't resist it, I hopped up on top of the door and said in my best Lesley Philip's voice "Helloooo", well, you should have seen her jump!

Miss ....., seen here after a cover up, took several hours to recover. A Spokes-Bird for Parrots said "We try at all times to shock, startle and amaze human beings and this incident has been a terrific wheeze and a huge success for Parrots".

'RACING NEWS'
Our Racing Correspondent, Amazon Glendenning, warns us not to break our vow of silence when watching our favourite Sport, HORSERACING. Glendenning said "It has recently come to my notice that an African Grey residing in Knightsbridge got SO excited, he started yelling "Go on, go on" and thinks his owner may have heard him. "It is imperative we do not let humans know that we are far more intelligent than they are; it could have dire consequences, so please hold your beak".

'EDITORS WARNING'
Be on your guard, in areas of Knightsbridge, our deadly enemy The Feral Pigeon has infiltrated our pets (the Humans) homes, a reader sent in this solution "Just pop a saucer of dried maize or corn into the oven ... turn on ... leave the door ajar and hey presto, Corn fed Pigeon".

And finally, on the back page is this very useful piece of advice...

'Noise Levels'
Remember when our Humans are holding that weird instrument, that makes them cry, laugh and talk, to keep the noise level as HIGH as you can... The sound of another telephone ringing is a good one as it is particularly annoying to YOUR human and the other at the end of the wire.

SHE was given this wonderful Cartoon on her 50th birthday, yes, Dear Reader, my SHE is of retirement age... Which, actually, is no bad thing. If she was a spring chicken, she would be OUT THERE all the time and I would be truly Home Alone.. uh, the mere thought of that is quite enough to make ME unhappy, that's for sure!

Now I come to the second part of the title... The MYSTERIOUS MAN.

I don' talk that much, well, not HUMAN TALK. SHE and I carry on long conversations with HER talking and me nodding and whistling and squeaking my African Grey squeaks. WE understand each other perfectly, because Dear Reader, I understand Human Speak. So when dreaded words like 'Stay, Bed, NO' etc, etc are said, of course, I understand what they mean.

But recently... I have been alarming, amazing and certainly amusing several of the Dearest Members of my Flock by saying, in a very small voice "hello", and the voice belongs to a man.

This has prompted many questions to HER, "whose voice is this that GeeGee is speaking in" they ask.

Don't look at me, I can't speak Human Speak and anyway, it is a secret...

For 'HE' is 'The Mysterious Man'.

READ ALL ABOUT IT.... You read it here first! Remember to come on-line every day and read MY BLOG...

Listen up or rather.. READ THIS! I've got a FOLLOWER.... HuHUH, hop-diggedity-dog.

My FIRST FOLLOWER. Her name is Pam, she lives in Oxordshire, and in another day's episode of MY BLOG, I will tell you about a certain dress and a certain dance.... And, it was Pam who introduced HER to The Wizard, so she's another good gurl and she HAS come far, because although she was born here in England, she grew up faaaaar away in Australia, but she got HomeSick for water and came back to live here.

Bye bye for today.. Toottoot.
GeeGee.
January 1st, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment