Sunday 13 March 2016

THANK GOD FOR HOMEOPATHY.

Now where we? Ah, yes, I was bound for pole by front door and she was bound for Ainsworth's.

They are Homeopathic Chemists @ 36. New Cavendish Street, London W1G-8UF. Tel # 020 7935 5330. And yesterday, Saturday, they were open until 4.00pm.

She arrived clutching the eye drops, the good guy Lanoprost and the bad guy, whose name I cannot remember and spoke to one of the chemists (everyone who serves you @ Ainsworths is a fully trained chemist / pharmacist).

He examined the hives in her left elbow, they looks as if something has scratched and bitten her, it was very sore and extremely itchy, she told him that her body was covered in them and showed him the two areas on the back of her neck.

"Hum", he said and disappeared into the back of the shop to confer with another chemist and about three minutes later, he came back with a tube of ointment, "this should help stop the itchiness but you obviously must go and tell your consultant at Moorfields about this side effect, you cannot go on taking this, they will have to give you something else".

"We are giving you a homeopathic remedy for you to take 3 x a day in a clean mouth (this means you have had nothing in your mouth for 30 minutes and take nothing afterwards for another 30 minutes), you must also tell your GP what we have given you so it is on your case notes".

She paid, not very much money, thanked him and left.

Upon arriving home, she dealt with all the bites.. and oh, what utter bliss! For almost immediately, the cream (which has NONE of those awfully bad guys like : SLS or Parabens, or Petrochemicals or colourants in it) started to heal her poor and much troubled skin.

What is it? It is made from Calendula, Hypericum and Urtica.. and the tiny balls of Homeopathic Remedy are Narayani Mix 102 Skin Itch Histamine 30C.

She slept last night and so did I! For she had read that grapes and walnuts are poisonous to mice! Who knew? So they were in my bowls last night, just in case I woke up starving, there was just a little something with which to amuse Beaky. And not one mouse came a'calling! Bliss.. they are such pesky folk, fancy climbing into my cage and nicking my yumyum.

Rob is going to make a fiendishly clever case for my cage, there has to a drop down front so she can clean my tray out and put me into it at night but all the edges of the box will be covered in metal and the air holes will be covered in two layers of very fine metal mesh. That'll stop them! Bastards.. we hate them.

She is meticulous about not leaving anything out in YumYum HQ for them, so could not think why they were here.. until she saw one evil mouse scampering out of my cage with a monkey nut in its' mouth and realised what was going on.

Today, everywhere in our bedroom was cleaned and vacuumed, including the top of the big cupboard, don't ask me how she gets the big vacuum machine up there but she manages it somehow, she vacuumed up empty shells, gave me fresh paper, cleaned my bowls, clean water, new yumyum.

I celebrated all of this by climbing into my water bowl (an old souffle dish) and having a good soak.. this drives her potty as she has to climb back up, take it down, clean the bowl, refresh my water and put it back again.. it's a good game.. sniggersnigger.

No lunch for her today, she worked all the way through, then stopped and we ate an early supper at half past five, she cooked two duck breasts last night and tonight, we had rice noodles, kai lan and pak choi with the second duck breast cold with the fatty skin taken off, sliced very thinly, oooh.. so tasty with a couple of slurps of hot chilli and garlic sauce.

We're tired.. she's done a lot of bending and stretching and pulling things about, I have flapped about a lot, up and down the hall multiple times, so she's going to settle in and read more of her marvellous library book, I am going to cogitate my feathery tumtum and tomorrow is, as Scarlet told us, another day.

Weigh-in and hospital for her.. I have no idea what excitement I could get up to but who knows? Do you have plans for the week? PipPip, Dear Readers, PipPip.

GeeGee Parrot.
March 13th, 2016.
PostScript: Hugo's birthday, he would have been 96. 

No comments:

Post a Comment