Wednesday 25 February 2015

FANCY USING THE WRONG WORD.. HUH!

It is / was NOT good enough, I mean, fancy writing 'remain' when I said 'RETAINS', I am referring to the bit where she wrote about our beloved Freekeh, oh, if only my toes could tap.. sigh. But they're really the wrong shape to do this on iPad and you all know what old Beaky would do! So all I can do is apologise and hope it won't happen again.

We heard from Fleur-Marie this morning, she is now in Los Angeles and she has put her in touch with two friends who live in California. Patsy lives way up north on an Avocado farm.. imagine being able to eat a fresh avocado, the though alone makes her mouth water. NOT mine, for it would kill me. Char lives down in Pasadena, so she is much nearer to Fleur-Marie.

She's off out at midday, I saw her putting a bowl of bird food on my cupboard where my water bowl lives.. sigh.. no hot human lunch for me then.. cold bird seeds and an apple is my lot for lunch today, I hope you all went "oh dear, poor GeeGee" upon reading this tragic news.

No response from the Kitchen of Alohna, I wonder where they're based? Does anyone out there know of them, for their jam is delicious and it will be tasty on ice cream, that is if it lasts long enough until the weather is warm enough to eat ice cream.

Fleur-Marie wrote that the weather was sunny and that she was warm.. really.. do one's friends have to torture us like this? Granny Jo wrote from New York City that it was FREEZING and that she had NEVER been so cold in her life and that she was looking forward to coming home and having her own bed.

There is something very special about one's own bed AND pillows, is there not? She has a selection of different pillows on our bed, a fat neck roll, two large square feather pillows, two oblong feather pillows and a strange looking one that is deeper / fatter on one side than the other, it is made of bungy stuff. You almost expect it to squeak.

Well, it is time for her to gather up her stuff but first she has to wash, yes, I know its' very late to be doing this and then she has waddle off down the road looking like the Michelin tyre man, I saw her take her wig out of its' hidey hole, old wig helps to keep her head warm. Thick tights, boots, woolen trousers and multiple layers of thermal vest and at least two sweaters will complete the slightly 'stout' look.

Very few people are actually aware of how very slim my mum actually is! It is too cold to be running about in skinny jeans, therefore multiple layers are worn for most of the year, it would be lovely to be properly warm again as in warm weather warm she says. I agree. Central heating is NOT the same!

So I'm off to investigate this 'ere bowl of seeds and she is off to the bathroom. Stay warm folks and AWAY from the seashore or flooded areas. It transpires that there truly are some very, very stupid, as in extremely foolish, people out there and their stupidity means that other people have to go in and try and rescue them.. grrrr.

Oh, look, the sun has come out!

GeeGee Parrot.
February 25th, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment