Thursday 9 August 2012

THE CAMARGUE & RED RICE!

AMAZING.., jurst when I think I know MY Mama.. SHE pulls rabbit out of hat - in this case, French RED RICE out of cupboard.

Who knew, did YOU know Dear Readers, that they grew RED Rice in France? I know that Italy grows Arborio Rice and very wonderful Rice it is too.

This Red Rice grows in a region called Camargue, famous for that fabulous city of Arles - where group called 'Gypsy Kings' came from.. SHE lurves their music - for horses that are born black and turn white, large pink Flamingoes (pink because of their diet rich in Shrimp, Camargue has huge areas of wet land), black bulls and being Delta of Petit and Grand Rhone Rivers which flow out into Mediterranean Sea.

Also for annual Festival of Saint Sarah, she is Patron Saint of Gypsies and her Festival is held 24th & 25th of May.

Seeing as it is a coastal area of France with wonderful seafood, SHE made a French 'Risotto' for supper with Squid and French (Pole) Beans using Red Rice.. plus FRESH Garlic and a couple of Shallots.

I had no idea that SHE had snuck off and canoodled with lubbly-jubbly Fishmonger yesterday. I knew, as YOU know, about those emory boards and not finding knitting cotton-string.. but SHE sneaked those fishy people into YumYum HQ right underneath MY Beak as a surprise for ME.

But isn't that what Birthday presents are supposed to be.. a surprise? Some of you maybe thinking "Meals as a birthday present, how strange".. but they don't get it, do they? For it is thought and action that is important, well, it is for ME, she had thought about what I would really, really like to eat for MY special lunch.. SHRIMP.. then for supper, SHE tossed in another surprise which was RED Rice..

All in all.. I am able and very willing to report that I have had a scrummydumptious day today, Barbara and Rosamund sent ME emails via HER, Cousin Bruce wrote on MY Blog, I got snail mail cards from Anne and David AND WE have a Credit note for Carrot Cake.

And.. SHE stayed home all day and cooked for ME.. I think going to market plan was a fib..

What more would a small Grey Parrot want, nothing, I am content, I hope YOU are too.

GeeGee Parrot.
July 29th, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment