Wednesday 10 January 2018

WHAT A DAY I'VE HAD, WHY I'M PLUMB TUCKERED OUT!

\It started at 07.30 hours with her sticking her hand into my night house and asking me if I wanted to get up?

I issued a minute growl, as if to say "get away with you, you stupid woman, no, I certainly don't want to get up at this dreadful hour, it's almost still dark and, why are you up so early?" 

She took the 'hint' and shuffled off out of the bedroom, I heard the sound of water running and kettle being switched on, blimey, she was serious about getting up.

She came back into the bedroom about half an hour later and she was dressed! Dressed.. at this time, what on earth was going on.

"Come along GeeGee, your yumyum is ready and you've got to get up, unless you want to be left behind, but then you won't meet Pat for coffee or come to the shop and that means you'll be by yourself all day until this evening"

Dear Readers, I was out of my house like a rat down a drainpipe, of course, it was Wednesday.. aka shop going day!

I slurped down my soft boiled egg and beakfuls of LapySang, travelling cage was ready in the big Ikea bag, I slipped in, she covered the top with a paper, put on a jacket, scarf, hat and having picked up her mobile and keys, we left the house and walked to the bus stop.

Where was all the traffic, did everyone know something we didn't, had work been cancelled? She had allowed lots of time to get there but we were at Fulham Broadway and sitting on a comfy sofa in Nero's within twenty minutes! 

She picked up a paper, bought a coffee which the barista was only too happy to put into her thermal travel mug and waited for Pat, who was early as well.

Yabba Yabba.. they hadn't seen each other since before Christmas, so there was much to talk about and catch up on.

She gave Pat the beautiful, vintage linen she had found and was given an enchanting 'slot-through' neck scarf that Pat knitted for her in the wool that she had given her in November.

Then they picked me up and we went across the road into the charity shop where mum volunteers on Wednesdays. Pat had sorted through cupboards and was donating lots of lovely stuff and a couple of books. 

Then Pat left, I was unpacked and settled into a new place, with a clear view of the shop and customers.  

What a busy day, then we had a visit from John, with whom mum had worked at the other charity shop in Bute Street, this was a nice surprise and it ended up with John filling in a form to be taken on as a volunteer.

He has worked for this charity but in a different location, so he is half way there already, especially as his old boss is now our area manager.

I was very happy to be there, I ate, I chatted but you'll be pleased to hear I didn't ring the dreaded landline telephone once, neither did I do the BBC time beeps.

We left just after 5.00 pm, I had had a long day in my cage and she was tired, she was silly last night and ate two delicious tarts from Paul, tarts with pastry made with wheat, she'd itched all night long from the evil hives that erupted on the inside of her elbows and her thighs. Greed.. silly mama.

We're ready for bed and sleep, we've had supper, slurps of hot tea, she has put her drops in and now she'll read for a bit, then I'll go into my night house and we'll go to sleep.

We have a busy day ahead of us tomorrow as well, it's all go here kids, "Good night" to you all. 

GeeGee Parrot.
January 19th 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment