Tuesday 9 February 2016

The witch slipped me a 'Mickey-Finn' and before I knew what was happening, I was Prisoner #410 and back in jail!

It all happened so quickly! One minute I was fiddling about eating my soft boiled egg, hummus and rye bread, she went in and out of the room, as she normally does, and I had my vitamin drops. We went into the bathroom for her to wash and dress and she put a load of whites onto wash.

I think you'd agree that so-far nothing out of the ordinary had happened to make me even the slightest bit suspicious. What I didn't know was that when she had left YumYum HQ, she'd got my travelling basket (mini-jail) ready for me to be popped into!

She tarted herself up a bit and I thought 'she's off to the market early' and got onto her hand when she said "up", silly me, I thought I was just having a ride back up the hall. Then, before I even knew what was happening, her hand descended, with me still upon it, into her big purple basket and I found myself being encased in mini-jail!

She's got far too clever (sneaky) for her own good, this mother of mine.

We went up to the bus stop, purple basket was being blown about a bit and it was really ChillyBilly, onto a bus, off it, more walking, then whoosh, back into day-light and there was Colin, my jailer! (Nice man, knows a huge amount about Parrots, especially African Greys and our HUGE cousins, the Macaw family).

"Growly's downstairs, so she got one chum here, then Freddy and Teddy arrive tomorrow" said Colin. They're jail-bird chums of mine, all African Greys, so I am going to have a very jolly time but THAT is not the point, is it?

She took out a little bottle and told him that it was my drops which are for my water, got me out of the mini-jail and I sat on her hand whilst she unscrew the bottle to give my a couple of drops. I'm reallyreally good about taking my drops now and did so this time with no fuss what-so-ever.

What I didn't know was she'd slipped in some 'Mimulus'! It's a homeopathic remedy against the fear of known things, the whole range of 'Flower Essences' as they are called, were developed by Dr. Edward Bach. They work through the mucus system and are excellent for both animals and humans of all ages.

So within a couple of minutes, I was as happy as Larry (whoever he is) with no angst, even at her!

Colin stuck a number on mini-jail, put me back into it and off I went downstairs into the avairy and I guess I'll see her whenever she comes back from Pewsey.. the stuff really works 'cos I forgot to say "bye mum".

She's gone to stay with Michele, Pete, Ginger and Panda Jenner. It was Pete's birthday yesterday and I would have gone BUT, with this filthy weather aka Storm Imogen, I wouldn't have been able to spend any time outside in the fresh air and it wouldn't have been fair to Ginger Dog and Panda Dog to keep them shut up in the kitch whilst I lolled about as free as de bird in their home.

And you should have SEEN the amount of stuff she travelled with! Calling her a 'Bag Lady' wouldn't have been an insult! Plus, she had a whole Goaty leg as her hostess present, our birthday gifts for Pete and a pleated paper Chinese Dragon which, miraculously, survived the trip!

So she'll be 'Ghost writing' my blog for a couple of days from Wiltshire. Me? I get to hear the gossip of what my three friends got up to over the Christmas and New Year holidays.. and I'll have a very jolly time, for if you have to go to jail, it is much nicer to be at Colin's with friends of a feather..

PipPip..

GeeGee Parrot.
February 9th, 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment