Sunday 28 February 2016

IT'S THE CLEMENTINEENIES!

OH.. NO! But I am very afraid that it's a case of.. OH.. YES!

She settled down with an ample supply of those small bright orange folk for us both last night.. the ratio was two for her and one for me. I fluttered down as soon as I saw what was on offer and a towel being spread over her lap.

She peeled them and, very sweetly, she gave me the first segment and peeled several for me so that I would be able to satisfy my lust for this tootie-frootie. She then had a whole fruit to herself. We ate in happy silence, both of us enjoying the juice and the taste.

Then they were all finished and having wiped old Beaky on her hand, I flew back to bedroom pole to cogitate my not-so-bare tumtum. She went to put in her eye drops and do her teeth and came back to bed.

A few minutes later, I heard "ouch, what the dudu was that" and looking down from pole, I saw her reaching for the bottle of lavender essential oul. She dabbed some on a finger and put it onto her shoulder bone.

"GeeGee, I have got bites on my shoulder bone and in my armpit and they are reallyreally evil these ones" she said as she sprayed herself with her virus and germ killing concoction which she calls The Deadly Five.

We went to bed, me in peace with a bowl of snacky things just in case I awoke with a gaping hole in tumtum or a raging thirst, she in an extremely unpeaceful fashion, trying desperately not to scratch herself like a dememted child with BIG bites all along both shoulder bones, under her right arm in the fleshy bit and one on her neck.

And when she awoke, it hit her.. "OH, Gordon Bennett, it's the clementines that's causing the bites, it's an allergic reaction".. she reached for iPad and looked up 'reaction to tangerines and clementines' and there, Dear Readers, were exactly the symptoms she's been getting. 'Bites' which, of course, are not bites but the allergic reaction to the citrus fruits, they're HIVES and she has this nasal drip, nice.

So no more small clementeeny folk.. which is a great sadness as I love them but she is now 'off citrus' fruit and certainly not about to test to see if she could eat an orange instead, besides, I don't like oranges!

She's off to Marylebone Farmer's Market to meet up with Debhie, they'll eat non rash making Malaysian Dumplings with chilli and chocolate salami, so it is "goodbye" from us until she gets back.

Salami, rosemary for goaty folks, but first she has to wash and climb into all that cold weather gear.. it's a Frosty Tiger morning, yes, even though it's now midday, it's still cold.. brrr.

GeeGee Parrot.
February 28th, 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment