Thursday 25 February 2016

Cold as a Witches tit.. brrr.

Frosty Tigers! Blimey, I knew she wasn't exactly 'with it' this morning but to go out on one of the coldest days without a Beanie.. it confirmed that all is not well in her woodshed, that's for sure.

The lecture was interesting, not exactly as Gillian had described it but good enough. Pauline arrived a bit late but she had growled at another poor woman who had had eyes on the seat she'd taken for her, so she slipped into the seat and caught most of it.

They then went afterwards almost next door to have a coffee, delicious coffee, nice place with lovely looking food but not with crazy prices.. on the Kings' Road in Chelsea! A great find.

She has to see her GP next week for an appointment to tell them about Moorfields, the change of medication, to lodge the new prescription and another couple of things. I tell you, Dear Readers, growing old ain't for sissies.

Shock horror, she's realised that it's nearly the end of February and this means that it is four months since she did any significant work at the allotments. Ugh, so she's going to haul herself down there and start working them again. Most years she has worked them all the year round but this last Winter has just been either too wet or too bloody cold but now work has to be done.

 She could do with some Goaty folk to eat clippings and couch grass weeds.. a few hungry goats could and certainly would, help a great deal!

Well, that's enough about her. I have something extremely funny, peculiar and ha-ha against myself, to report to you.

For over eleven years now, I have scorned the tootie-frootie bird mix that she has generously offered me occasionally, several kilos of dried banana slices plus chunks of various other exotic dried fruits have, I am very ashamed to say as I deliberately tipped the bowls over, ended up on the floor.

Today, she gave me a bowl of these before she went out to the lecture, to my amazement the contents of the bowl A. smelt very appetizing! B. looked delicious! (Did I grow-up over night?) And C. I found myself shinning up a lampshade frame with a large chunk of dried banana or plantain (?) in Beaky.

And, oh my goodness me! How tasty.. how crunchy.. indeed, how very slurpy! And to think I've scorned these lovely things all these years, how daft is that? So that's where I am now, up on the bedroom pole nibbling a morsel of dried papaya, as you do when you've got a kind mother who has been trying to get you to eat different yumyum for, indeed, many a year.

This, plus a couple of segments of clementeeny, makes my evening repast complete, we had fish for supper, a piece of wild salmon that she had bought at the end of December and frozen. It was tasty, cooked on a metal plate, no oil, just with seasonings, perfect.

She got a new library book to read. It is called 'Three Houses, Many Lives' by Gillian Tindall. We will tell you about it tomorrow.. in the meantime, stay happy, safe and warm.

GeeGee Parrot.
February 25th, 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment