Tuesday 2 February 2016

I'm the sensible one.. it's her that's daft.

For I went to bed at a sensible hour, it wasn't me that picked up a Patricia Cornwell 'Kay Scarpetta' thriller* thinking 'I'll just read for a bit', I know you know what happened and that I don't really have to tell you that it's well nigh impossible for her to put a book down.

This was no exception and her bedside light eventually went out at 02.53 this morning, this was not very clever when she had the alarm set for 08.45. Silly woman. What can I do? As those librarians don't speak Parrot, I can't put a lock on a book and she brings the new ones home by the trolley load.

Ah well.. so here we are, I'm dressed with as many clothes on as I have, fresh and raring to go and, of course, she's dragging her feet a bit and isn't feeling like the sharpest knife in the block. A strong black is needed together with a jolt of citrus to get her awake.

She received a letter from the surgical unit yeaterday giving her the information she needed about arrival time and which unit she has to go to, thence the 08.45 alarm.

I'll be back as soon as I can with some very edible recipes.. oh, by the way.. DON'T even contemplate buying your Seville Oranges at the moment, unless you live in Spain! The wholesale price is £28.00 a box, admittedly that's for a lot of oranges but their price will drop in three weeks and then they'll be a reasonable / sensible price in the market.

But do get your equipment ready, buy your sugar and collect your jars.. so you'll be good-to-go!

PipPip.. or rather.. PeelPeel.

GeeGee Parrot.
February 2nd, 2016.
PostScript: *Flesh and Blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment