Wednesday 3 April 2013

"Spring is sprung, the sun is ris"..

No, it has not, well.. it might have sprung for one day, which was yesterday but with that beastly East wind blowing, it sprang smartly back into winter, for it is exceedingly chilly-billy 'Brass Monkey' weather today.

SHE thought of going to Streatham, by bus with a good book as the trip takes a bit of time and stuck HER nose out of the door but oh.. retreated VERY smartly.. it was freezing and windy.

Never mind.. there are always chores to do. SHE watered all those bare rooted plants and peered underneath the garlic to see if any broad beans have germinated.. Eureeka.. there are five fat shoots showing! 

It is very brave of those beans to leave their snug fat pod, for they are sitting on a window ledge with NO heating, it is miraculous that they have germinated, I wouldn't but then, YOU see.. I am 'tricky'.. 

Yes, Dear Readers.. for I am being very tricky and am giving HER a good run for HER money, as it were, at the moment. 

Because (this is driving HER nuts) I don't want to eat this OR that. Humous (homemade with NO salt) is no longer MY favourite thing, nor Cashews, I don't wish to have those Harrison's Pellets (supposed to be of excellent quality but which are so very dry and BORING), I have had a little nibble of a Pomegranate and Spiny Apple and will have a munch of apple-on-bed in a few minutes time.

I am throwing regular bird food onto the floor.. so 'tricky' and all those other (very rude, better not repeat them here) words SHE is applying to ME.. are, probably, very apt!

But WE do have something frightfully exciting to tell YOU.

Well, WE think it was. SHE got an email today from Claudia, an old colleague / friend of HERS from Design days.. Claudia wrote "that she is an AVID reader of MY Blog".. an 'AVID' reader Dear Readers.. well, it cheered us up no end.. infact, I even played in the small strange, mysterious box SHE left on the bed in the sheer excitement of it all.

AVID.. such a lovely word. "Thank YOU Claudia.. WE hope YOU are having a good day wherever YOU are". (She travels a lot)!

And yes, WE hope the rest of YOU are as well.. Especially Pegeen who is in Paris, WE do so hope YOU are warmer?

Off to give that apple stalk a good beaking.. pip pip Dear Readers.

But before I go.. I better give YOU the rest of the rhyme..

Spring is sprung, the sun is ris, 
I wonder where the birdie is?
Some people say, the bird is on the wing,
But that's absurd, the wing is on the bird.

GeeGee Parrot.
April 3rd, 2013.

1 comment:

  1. My almost 91 year old mother reminded me today that people (or pets!) who expect to be fed should be well-mannered & very little picky since meal planning & cooking is a LABOR of love that should be respected. Never could stand anyone at my table who thought I was a short order cook at a cafe. or turned up their noses. With 8 hungry mouths to feed & my palette to please these types never lasted too long as guests. GeeGee, you should just straighten up & fly right. SHE surely spoils you plenty.

    ReplyDelete