Saturday 19 January 2019

THERE AIN'T NOTHING MORE FRUSTRATING THAN A CLIFF HANGER END TO A BOOK..

HUH.. well, that wasn't a great end to the thriller she finished late last night, it was 'The Crooked Staircase' by Dean Koontz. The end certainly wasn't the end of the story and then there was a small piece of the next book.

So, she has to read the diptych. That's presuming it is not a trilogy and she can find it at the library.

I know, that's a very strange and unusual word but it is the name for a two part story, a trilogy being a three part story. You can't say you never learn anything from reading my blog!

She's going to the library to exchange books and buy vegetables from the market but I guarantee she won't be out there very long and she'll be wearing her shearling coat whilst she is. 

Mr.Frost's here, with his icy stuff and bitter winds. She's doing everything possible to keep our home warm, the thick curtain is drawn across the front door, the blinds are down and the curtains drawn, these stop the cold coming in so our home is as comfortable as it can be. 

However, the bathroom is a trifle chilly.. brr.. and of course, you can't wash or take a shower fully clothed, we birdies can, we're clever in this way.

Ok, she's off and I am heading for my shelf in the linen cupboard, it's a snug place and I've got friends up there, Daffy Duck, Mr.Wallaby and Frosty Tiger, with whom I'll pass the next couple of hours.

Shivver my timbers.. young Max Leary won't wear gloves or a hat and his dad says he can't take him out at the moment because he gets too cold. Mind you, he's only 2 and a 1/2 years old.

She goes out fully covered from top to toe but she's going to be 69 this year, I'll be 15, how did we get to be so old! 

Now I have a stick to beak and you, most certainly have things to do, I'll be back later. PipPip.

GeeGee Parrot.
January 19th, 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment