Friday 11 January 2019

KIPPERS. WONDROUS KIPPER FILLETS FROM BUB FROM THE ISLE OF MAN.

No, sorry folks, he is OUR cousin, not yours! 

Let me tell you about this morning, now if you are of a hungry or jealous nature, I recommend you fast tracking further down this post as I am about to describe how we broke our nights fast.

She rose early this morning and we had a cuddle but it was pretty short and before long she got out of bed and headed off to yumyum hq.. aka kitchen.

Of course I followed her, I knew she was up to something, for why would we be out of her cosy bed so early? 

She had filled pans with water last night, Thames Water are having a dreadful time repairing the mains pipe that comes into our basement vaults, the pipe and the stop cock have been leaking for many months, yes, of course, she's told the managing agents but no one from the office came to look.

So she showed it to the surveyor who was here recently for another reason and he said "Crikey, that's a bad leak, haven't you reported it to them" and luckily she, being who she is, always keeps the emails to and from the managing agents and was able to show him the emails and the date they were sent.

So there is no water in the pipes today.. there are a lot of Bartek buckets full of it in the bath though! For no water = no water for the lavatory as well!

But back to the kippers, they arrived yesterday from the Isle of Man, which is where BUB lives. For those of you who are new readers of my blog, BUB stands for Big Uncle Bruce.

He is mama's first cousin, but out of respect for the fact he is bigger than I am, I call him Uncle.

She had filled a deep pan with water last night, NOT the usual pan for boiled eggs and I was more than slightly concerned, how was she going to boil my egg?

Out of chilly white larder she took a packet and when the water was at a fast boil, she put the packet into the water. Before too long she used a slotted spoon to remove the packet, then she broke open two eggs into the still boiling water.

I had never seen her do this before, what was she doing? "I'm poaching GeeGee, we're having poached eggs this morning."

They were lifted out of the water with the slotted spoon and back we went to bed.. MY OH MY! This 'new' egg was delicious! YubbaBubba.

I probably had the same look on my face as she had on hers.. she certainly enjoyed those kippers and is mighty pleased to know that there are two more packages that she put into frosty white larder, aka the freezer, last night.

The two kipper fillets come in vacuum packs of two. They are smoked by a well known company called Geo. Devereau & Son Ltd.

You can find them on-line at:

www.isleofmankippers.com 

e-mail: enquiries@isleofmankippers.com

Now she has work of some nature to do and I have the kipper box to destroy.. PipPip.

GeeGee Parrot.
January 11th, 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment