Friday 1 April 2016

Life without dreaded collar is weird.. to say the least!

In fact, most weird. Now, I wouldn't go so far as to say I miss it but having the freedom to move and scratch the new feathers that are coming through around my neck, well, it's all a bit strange. But the old witch.. mother herself.. decided to plonk me into a basin full of warm soapy water this morning!

And made sure that every part of my person, private or otherwise, was soaked with this stuff and then rinsed me off with cooler water.. boy oh boy.. talk about feeling like a drowned rat! Heavens only knows what I looked like.

But at least she didn't leave me in this unhappy state.. that blessed hair dryers of hers soon had me dry and fluffy again, even if she did have it on cool when she was pointing it up my bum!

I have a sneaky suspicion that Matthew slipped her a bottle of something to keep me a little subdued.. she puts so many things down my gullet, fish oil, tincture of dandylion, tincture of stinging nettle that I can't swear to it but certainly I was 'dozy' last night and today, slightly more than normal!

She went to Bartek to get a new supply of sauerkraut. She LURVES this as much as she loves IshPol and that's a good thing as there wasn't any IshPol in stock today, but never mind because she was wanting the sauerkraut as she wanted the whey with which to make beet kvass.

Chopped up beets in filtered water, along with crushed cloves of garlic, whey and salt produce this heavenly drink, fermented stuff being extremely beneficial for your digestion, which is why she eats IshPol, she makes beet kvass about once every month. Along with kefir from raw goat milk and kefir grains. Slurp, I love the odd sip of kefir. And we are both jurst crazy about beets!

On the way home she collected mail from MailBox. Goodness knows how much mail has been thrown away in the past by that stupid man upstairs. This way everything is safe, which is a good thing as Christine from Granary Herbs had sent three bottles of tinctures and there was also a pretty card from Caroline in Exeter.

Foot up-date.. still sore but getting better, she can at least walk up stairs normally. Gardening will be done in lace-up leather boots with an extra padded sole in her right boot. Hopefully the weather will be chirpful this week end, she has to tackle that asparagus bed and hoe amongst the garlic and do all the other stuff that vegetable gardeners have to do in order to prepare beds for seeds and plants.

Terribly late.. I'll turn into a pumpkin if I'm not careful.. we send best travel wishes to Karen in Japan, she's a very Dear Reader, have a happy time sweetie, send us travel news and photos please.

Goodnight to you all..

GeeGee Parrot.
April 1st, 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment