Tuesday 26 April 2016

SNOW IN OUR CITY & ELSEWHERE TOO!

I know you think all I do is prattle on about our weather but oh, my tumtum feathers are most surely missed, it was 'quite' cold sitting on front pole today when she went out, whose fault is that? No one except my own.. but it is kinda sad to have to admit that I am not perfect.

My beautifully white lacey edged cravat is no more.. sigh. Once upon a time I was a very beautiful bird, I know 'cos there are pictures of me, looking cute with a full compliment of clothes on and a stout tumtum, it is an exceedingly good thing that she loves me whatever I look like, is it not?

I have a few, read veryvery few, new big top feathers coming through on and I am hoping (as is she) that I won't yank them out. But the nibblenibble job that I have done on my shoulders over the past few days is not a good look, only marginally better than yanking them out or biting the feathers off at the shaft, I suppose.

She received a card today from a dear friend who has invited her to stay in Somerset, I won't be going as there's a fierce cat in residence and as they will be out all day, it isn't fair on me or the cat to be left by ourselves, me in my small travel cage and poor cat thinking it could eat me.. dream on cat!

I tell no porky-pies.. aka lies! It was snowing in the early afternoon when she went to collect her post and there are photos of it in some of the late afternoon on-line papers. It, the temperature, hasn't risen above single figures all day and they say we're due this 'cold spell' as they so politely call it for at least another week.

Tell it like it is! It's Winter! Spring sprang backwards!

We have had supper, she's eaten three meals today. Eggs in the morning, a small bowl of beetroot soup and pasta with chilli and greens in the middle of the day and we have just eaten a duck breast with greens. If it sounds a lot, it is, it is much more than she would normally eat but it is what Pat has suggested to try doing for a week, Pat thinks she doesn't eat enough.. with the exception of those naughty food escapades in Romford or at Borough Market!

So here we are, I'm on her head, I have had my fill of walnuts (such a treat), the curtains are drawn against extremely cold night air, she has sprayed but did not soak me all through and we going to have an early night.

Because Dan, the locksmith, has called to say that he has made the keys for the four little 2-lever Victorian locks and so she is meeting him at Chelsea Green at some hideously early hour to collect them before he goes into work. Then she is going on down into Fulham to have Anita cut her hair.

So PipPip and if you are chilly-billy, take a tip from us and slip a spare duvet, aka quilt, underneath your mattress cover, it makes your bed just that bit warmer, very Chirpful making.

GeeGee Parrot.
April 26th, 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment