Thursday 14 April 2016

OLD GRUMPY'S MOVING OUT!

And the sun came out!

Oh, yippeeee and "Yesssss" as Tereza, the person who has suffered most from old grumpy, who lives directly below her, put it when she sent us this extremely happy making news early this morning!

Fancy that.. our prayers have been answered.. oh, happy days are here again, if you have never experienced someone who is absoltely vile living in close proximity to you, then you are extremely fortunate.

He has thrown away mail, destroyed presents, removed rods on the stair carpet (!!), been abusive, both in letters and verbally, our local police station call him "a potentially violent man" and the local town hall consider him a huge pest. He interferes in other peoples' lives and three flats in our house, including ours, no longer have any important mail sent here as he destroys it.

In other words.. he is a nutter but soon.. hopefully veryvery soon. he'll be someone elses' nutter!

Did I tell you that she no longer covers me up at night, nor draw my curtain? She does lower the blind and draws the curtains at the window but light creeps in on sunny mornings, so I now wake up naturally with the light, I prefer it, I potter about more in my cage which is quite large and it means that when I go to bed, she puts her light out as well, this equals more 'good quality' sleep for the two of us.

She has a friend, Simon Playle, a seller of wonderful fabrics and human father of a couple of avian folk and he told her about an extremely good homeopathic anti-plucking formula. She had a look at it yesterday on line and read the list of ingredients.. wow.. all good stuff! So she's ordered two bottles and it will be with us tomorrow.

We'll keep you updated on it when I have been taking it for a while. The four or five weeks in the aviary will be the test though.. luckily I have known them all my life, so it's not as if I will be amongst strangers. Let's hope Growly, another African Grey visitor, will be there too. Her parents (human) go away a lot and Growly is often there when I go in and we are always put together so we can chat.

If they start the work in June and don't go over schedule, then I'll be out in late July or August and as long as we have a good summer, I'll spend most days out at the allotment, for that's a very busy time in the vegetable gardening season.

Note to her.. remember to put a proper mortice lock on the back room and walk-in cupboard doors.

Much to do.. the contents of the huge cupboard in our bedroom will have to be put into storage, she is going to go through it, shelf by shelf and see what she actually needs or wants to keep. I'm sure many of you are the same, if you've lived for a long time in the same place, you have 'stuff' that you may no longer even realise you have. We certainly do and the perfect time to sort it out! (Rather her than me).

So I am off.. singing my favourite song as I go.. you know the words.. sing-along with me now..

"Farewell, adieu, auf wiedersein, goodbye.."

GeeGee Parrot.
April 14th, 2016.
PostScript: BUBs' birthday.. aka Big Uncle Bruce!

1 comment: