Monday 4 April 2016

A SUNNY START TO A NEW WEEK..

Many beakfuls of hummus, two minute nibbles of toast, 10ml of nettle tincture, three licks of a cod liver oil capsule, half a yoke of a hard boiled egg and I am now having a little doze on front door pole.. AND I am sure you'll all be happy to know I have gained about 5g!

Strange how life works, is it not? There's her weighing-in every Monday hoping to have lost a few lbs and here I am, being plonked on the arms of her scales each morning, whereupon she gets estactic if I gain a few grams!

So I AM going to see vet but on Wednesday, shamefully I plucked a few feathers last night but I did eat a few seeds.. so she wasn't too downhearted, especially when she saw me tucking into hummus this morning.

She stopped off at Sainsburys on the way home last night and bought me a little pot, yes, I know it is commercially made but as I wasn't choosing to eat our own homemade stuff which is full of goodly nutricious things, she thought that I can eat anything as long as I eats something but I did hear her mutter "little wretch" and another phrase which I didn't quite get when I started eating it!

Oh, I do hope our weather has settled down but I fear not, for she received an email from MaryLou, another very dear Dear Reader who lives near Chicago, giving us a report about the extraordinary weather that she experienced yesterday! Snow, hail, brilliant sunshine.. all in the space of a few hours.. ugh.. please don't come this way whatever you are.

She has to buy exterior latex paint. Our Serbian neighbours at the plot coat their trees with it every early Spring and never have a problem with their fruit (apple, cherry and plum) trees and she'll mix in a little pure Neem oil as they do. Those wretched bugs bore into trunks of the trees and lay their evil eggs.. grr.. this is, she's pretty sure what caused the death of a much beloved Seneca plum tree last year.

It's been busy in YumYum HQ for people were asked to 'bring a dish' to the weigh-in today at lunch time, she steamed broccoli, carrots, kai-lan and shrimp, tossed them in sesame oil, soya, grated ginger and a sprinkly of chilli flakes, I looked at it and thought "yum", hopefully a not too tiny morsel of this will appear on my saucer before too long!

It's almost midday, hair washing time, she'll tap iPad later, and oh, I've figured out what it was she muttered last night. "Fat spoilt brat", how rude is that? I'm not fat!

GeeGee Parrot.
April 4th, 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment