Tuesday 17 March 2015

SUGAR & SPICE.. BUT NOT ALWAYS NICE.. OH DEAR.

I am in such disgrace.. blood has been spilt, not mine.. hers.. yes, shock horror indeed and I'm passing the buck and hanging Beaky out to 'dry', for it was Beaky that did the dreadful deed. Yes, I climbed onto her first finger, yes, of course, it was the arthritic one but it was that evil Beak that bent down and gave her poor unsuspecting digit the crunchy-munch.

You can well imagine her reaction!

I found myself flying, without the aid of either wing, through the air at high speed. Luckily I knew the way and landed on the bedroom cupboard with only my dignity in tatters.

She followed me in to the room and proceeded to wag the poor mutilated digit at me and said in that awful, fierce voice that she keeps especially for occasions such as this.. "You are an evil finger crunchy munching, grey, red arsed bird, how dare you bite me like that, just stay in here by yourself for a while and reflect upon the stupidity of crunchy-munching the hand that feeds you!".

And with that, she shut me in the bedroom.. alone.. well, probably not alone, for there was bound to be a mouse listening who scampered off to tell all his mates about this sordid tale.

I heard her rustling about in the cupboard where she keeps viamins and sticky bandages / plasters.

Then there was the sound of the front door closing as she and WW left the house, oh dear, what a dreadful thing. No excuse, I had had scrummy YumYum, water, a jolly time playing with dried crusts on top of chilly white larder. Had even landed on fake furry hat and managed not to give that a hard time. All was well in my world, so why did Beaky bite?

I don't know but I do know that she is still being 'slightly' distant with me, sigh. She returned before four of the after noon clock, I am still shut in the bedroom, someone has just been, I heard chat and think it was one of les trois filles. But no one is chatting to me.. sob.

However, it is my own fault, for much as I like to blame Beaky at a time like this, I should have more control over this part of my body.. for the toe bone is connected to the foot bone, the foot bone is connected to the ankle bone.. you get the drift.

Tomorrow she is off to the Dentist, out to lunch, then off to see her Gastro-Enterologist.. ie.. all day. This will, unfortunately, give me plenty of time to ponder my (fast approachingly bald) stomach and realise that it ain't wise to crunchy-munch mama's fingers.

In deep shame.. and sorrow.

GeeGee Parrot.
March 17th, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment