Thursday 26 March 2015

NOT MUCH CHEESE FOR ME..

Now I do admit there wasn't much left but being given a cheesey crumb was worse than not being given any, for after that morsel had exploded in old Beaky, my tasty buds and Beaky wanted more, as you do, so like Oliver, I said "Please can I have some more". "No" she said and put the sliver back into the fridge.

HUH. You just wait 'til I get my own pot of curd from Goaty Mum, she won't get even a lick of the lid, if I have my way.

She was out working today with her new fangled ears and said it was just great to be able to hear and understand what everyone was saying. They had a busy day and then a 'crackin' good sale to a man who came in quite late.

HE was ....., well, it is not often that she finds someone attractive (read simply scrumptious), she and her boss looked at each other and sighed when he left waving and saying "you've got a lovely shop, I'll see you again when I next come to London" and they both said "COR, what a hunker-the-munker he was". French from Marseilles.. sigh.

Moving sadly but swiftly along..

What is going on with the weather? Please would someone tell us? It was chilly-billy last night, she used a heat pad to warm the bed up but there was NO stretching and venturing over to the other side of the bed, she did put one leg over there in her sleep and it shot back smartly of its' own accord, for the bottom sheet, being crisply ironed and unslept upon, was icy! Ugh.

It rained this morning, it rained again this afternoon.. those pesky weeds will be, correction, ARE all living the life of old Riley and goodness knows how high the grass is. Hopefully her spring flowers will be up and in bloom, a BIG vase of Jonquils and Narcissi would cheer her up, for there is just NOTHING like picking your own, also the dark blue Hycacinths should be strutting their stuff.

MaryLou wrote that they had another five inches of snow one day this week, that must have given her flowers a bit of a shock! And we got a big shock when Pegeen sent her a photo of what lay directly outside her front door.. SNOW.. and lots of it!

Blimey, what are we whinging about? We haven't even had one snowflake drop on us, yes, it has been chilly-billy cold and damp but nothing to what they've experienced this year in America, nothing. No wonder Karen headed down south to Mexico for the sunshine.

We're singing tomorrow, I am SO excited. Yippee, I've been practising my song. Farewell, Adieu etc from The Sound Of Music, I hope they sing it tomorrow so I can sing along too, that will  / should make them all laugh, even if the sight of me sitting on my mama's head doesn't!

I'll write and tell you all about our jaunt to Streatham Hill tomorrow night, IF I am reallyreally good, you never know, I might get to go into Bartek, our purveyor of scummy breads and even scrummier Salade a la Polonaise.

You didn't realise I spoke French, but, of course, I do. In fact, some day I will tell you a few tales of the French Court passed down to me in spirit by my ancestors, tales from secret journals written by aristocratic ladies of the court who kept African Grey Parrots.

And, of course, the Cote d'Ivoire and Gabon are two countries of Arican Grey Parrots where we breed, they call us Gabon Gris, hence my name GeeGee. Get it?

I hope so, for it far too late to have to tell you guys that story again! And there are two cute little rosy apples lying on her bed that need beaking and I know there is a new packet of almonds in her bag, so it is PipPip from me and "goodnight" from her.

GeeGee Parrot.
March 26th, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment