Friday 20 March 2015

DAISY DAISY GIVE ME YOUR ANSWER DO..

I will have to swat up on songs.. for I have been invited to join the group Singing With Dementia next  Friday! How about that, Dear Readers! That ain't too shabby, is it? Mind you, I look pretty shabby at the moment with my almost bald stomach and half plucked neck.. bad timing, but it has to be done!

She had such a lovely reception when she arrived and got wet eyed as several people came up and hugged her and said "Oh, how lovely to see you again, we do hope you're feeling much better?" and, yes, she was.

For the gloomy grey sheet, aka solid cloud base had all been blown away, old sun was shining, the sky was blue! What a difference to this morning! And she was going to sing.

She sat and chatted with Janice whilst they did seated excercises and she was asked, as they all had been, what animal would she be and why?

She said she be an African Grey Parrot and an elderly lady beamed and clapped her hands, it transpired that she had had AGP, who had lived for over fifty years. Then later at tea time.. yum.. she came and sat with her and said "Would it be possible for you to bring GeeGee here, we'd love it and animals are amazing for people who have Dementia, please will you bring her?".

Well.. you can guess what her answer was, can't you! She smiled as she thought of the look on my face when I saw so many people and said "She'd love to come, she'll probably sit on my head the whole time as she has never been in a room with so many people and she may not say one word but yes, I'll bring her next week".

Daisy Daisy give me your answer do
For I'm half crazy over my love for you
It won't be a stylish marriage
For I can't afford a carriage
But you'll look sweet on the seat
Of a bicycle made for two..

Yubba-dubba-du.. I'm going Singing With Dementia next Friday, oh hurry-scurry, roll on next week! In fact.. Roll out the barrel, we've got the blues on the run!

GeeGee Parrot.
March 20th, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment