Monday 16 April 2012

Wash and Go or Salon Blowdry?

Hello Dear Reader.

ChillyBilly... From being an 'ok day' weather wise, the sky has darkened and it is raining.

So I am exceeding glad that I have two layers of feathers, top layer which YOU see and MY 'secret' layer underneath.. all white and soft as thistle down. YOU see these two layers trap air between them which mean that I am always snugly-buggly warm. However, they take looonng time to dry.

YOU all know MY daft habit of jumping into water bowl when blood is up and wind under tail and after such a splendid game of Bad Bat Behaviour this morning in yumyum HQ, I was thinking of jumping in, but SHE thought whilst waiting for Tom to call, SHE would give ME bath.... gulp!

Kitchen sink cleaned and sterilised.. warm water run and before I had sense to fly out of kitchen, SHE picked ME up and plopped ME into water! Well.. at least no one was here to see BIG fuss that I began to make.. until I realised.. hang on.. wait a minute.. this is rather nice, water warm, spray spraying over Beak and head.. directed over wings, under tail.. I LIKE this.. all very pleasant.

Then lifted out and given very gentle rub-dub-dub with fluffy towel. Now, usually when I climb out of water bowl I have wet legs and chest and I do admit to feeling clammy and dismal but Ho Ho Ho.. what is this, where are WE going?

Oh, Heavens-to-Betsy, bathroom, HAIRDRYER.. ooooh, MY favourite thing!

Makes delicious warm air flow through feathers, soon I am ravishing, even though I say it MYSELF! Feathers dry, Beak as black as Raven's wing, Tail as red as HER best lipstick!

No Salon or Spa could make ME look more chic.. for Yumyum HQ is fine 'Salon' and SHE does a 'mean' Feather Blowdry.

GeeGee Parrot.
April 16th, 2012.

ps... Email from Moley to say that all is well in Pine Bluff, Arkansas... good news this.

No comments:

Post a Comment