Monday 6 February 2012

VOGUE MAGAZINE SAYS "SMILE".. But MY Blog SAID IT FIRST!!

Dear Reader.

What can I say, except WE did, YOU have read on MY Blog about 'fit and toned' muscles keeping everything UP" and now VOGUE Magazine has a model on the front of a new issue and shock... horror, SHE's SMILING!

Haven't I been telling YOU that for OVER a month now. I say that YOU do not have to resort to Surgery.. they used to call it Plastic Surgery, now they call it Cosmetic Surgery.. with what Madame 'BIG' in France has done to herself to herself recently, I think plastic is a better word, she now looks as if she is wearing a mask over her face and WE find this sad as she used to have a very pretty face but now she jurst looks weird.

YOU know who isn't wearing a mask today and that is OUR HM The Queen. Today marks the start of HM Diamond Jubilee Year, sixty years she has done this job... SIXTY YEARS, she said she would do it for all of her life and MY goodness me, she certainly has given it her best shot!

SO Dear Reader, give those facial muscles a bit of a work-out, try and see if YOU can make them jump about a bit, for YOU who are regular Readers will remember the other thing that I say.. "if YOU don't use it, YOU will lose it".. and WHO wants have a neck like Mr. Big-Bird YOU eat at Thanksgiving and Christmas? YOU certainly don't want to look like old Mr. GobbleGooble, if anything, YOU want to look like Mr. Goose, whose neck is lonnng and slim and elegant.

SHE got dressed up and went out today, NO, I did not want to go for it is cold out there and although I am a Northern Lass and I am big and brave, WE Parrots do not, actually have lungs, WE have Air Sacks and I don't want icy air in mine, thank YOU very much.

SHE and faithful Wicker Trolley went off down the road, since SHE gave ole Wicker her Christmas present which was a squirt of WD40, Wicker doesn't squeak any longer.

However, this actually, is NOT such a great thing. I fully appreciate that Wicker feels much happier but ole 'Squeak' used to alert me to their homecoming and gave ME time to stop whatever I was up to and swiftly flap back into the position on top of bedroom door, playing MY Role of 'The Faithful Pet awaiting HER Mistress'es Return'.

Landseer would have painted ME brilliantly!

Supper time in London folks.. Boiled mixed vegetables, I saw them go into huge pot, potatoes, onions, garlic, beans, parsnips, carrots, chilli flakes with Ham bone, SHE will take some of the stock and cook barley in that, this is proper food that sticks to your ribs and keep US warm, of course, I eat HER food! YOU think I eat that dried up stuff called Bird Seed? HUH.. YOU are joking, of course.

"Happy Evening" to YOU and remember to "whistle a happy tune".

GeeGee Parrot.
February 6th, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment