Thursday 2 February 2012

Music to Flap to...

Anything to bounce about and get warm... IS that boiler 'boiling' like it should be or does it think that WE should go into The Library to keep warm?

I had a great break-of-the-fast this morning, some Pumpkin seeds, a small amount of buttered egg, a beakful of Rye and Sunflower bread and a slurp of Lapsang. This so raised MY blood sugar that I went and did the daftest thing.. SO stupid. SHE had a mass of papers on the bed so, without thinking, I jumped into water dish and starting chucking water at HER.. heehee, I thought!

Wrong... SHE took ONE look at ME and walked out of the room. Leaving ME standing in cold water up to my stomach and VERY wet.. not the cleverest thing to do on the coldest day of the year. Thank goodness wings were not waterlogged so I flapped an extremely dodgy flight down to find HER in the bathroom and landed on HER head, SHE got the message immediately, SHE's pretty swift on the up-take is MY Mum, mind YOU, SHE could hardly NOT be with drips from Tail going down HER back.

SHE plugged in hair dryer and aimed it at me.. but ugh, I had to leap about like some crazy Parrot for it was on COLD.... have YOU ever had cold air up YOUR Tail, I know most of YOU don't have a Tail but it does tell YOU which region of body I am referring to!

Then I saw the fun in it and flapped and carried on like Doug, the Orange Winged Amazon WE know, does when he is sprayed with a water bottle, YOU do that to ME and I am out-of-there but daft Doug loves it!

I flapped wings, I shimmied Tail.. I thought of Music to FLAP and WHISTLE to... something jolly and loud.. ahha.. for there is NO ONE in the flat above or behind us and so music goes up LOUD and I Flap and ZoomZoom about. Of course, Salsa will ALWAYS BE MY favourite, have you read about OUR much beloved Gloria? Goodness ME, I squealed with joy as I LURVED that woman so much, SHE had no idea that Gloria and I had such fun whilst dashing away with the smoothing iron.

When I was completely dry SHE went to the Post Office, also to Bank and gave it a bit of money ... I don't like Bank, if power goes out, there is NO way that ONE would be able to get at money, think about it, Dear Reader, for example last Sunday when WE had NO power for FOUR hours, no on-line banking, no ATM's.. I like a bit of money tucked away somewhere safe.

SHE came back and after lunch SHE received a call from one of HER most favourite old clients! And this was just for a chat, he didn't want anything, he was passing through and gave HER a call. I know that (secretly) SHE misses HER old career very much, SHE misses the people, the designing, working with glorious fabrics and giving HER clients something beautiful.

There was once a job which rendered two clients speechless... with gratitude! The wife was a very tough-hard-to-please-woman who had a pair of Chinese Burial Urns, except that she didn't know that was what they were. SHE made them into lamps wIth extraordinarily hand carved bases painted to look like earth. For that is how the Urns would have been placed in the Burial tomb. The lampshades echoed the ribs of the Urns and were a devil to do but it was worth it. SHE set them up in the client's dining room and then asked them to come in ... not one word was uttered, these two people just stared and then smiled at HER. SHE misses that.

I know that if circumstances were different SHE would prefer to do HER own work again, but HER work was so very demanding physically, plus the fact SHE used to travel a huge amount which was sad for ME, I stayed with Doug when SHE was away but now he has gone to live in the country. So it was very nice to hear HER laugh as SHE talked with HER old client.

"Don't be sad", I whisper to HER, I am on HER head doing a bit of Feather Work and Proof Reading at the same time... "Things change and maybe it is better this way, YOU aren't having to fly backwards and forwards to America anymore and YOUR health is better"... but I can tell that SHE is thinking of how HER life used to be and how it is now...

Beastly winter, if it was warmer I would make HER go to garden to dig and prune and cut back and down and SHE would be out in the daylight and fresh air ... and SHE would be ok. But it is bitterly cold and the garden is very exposed. But SHE has not had a holiday for four years.

Friday tomorrow, WE are going to the Studio and have to leave early so that SHE can drop ME at home, then collect BiBi dearest from the hospital, so off to b-e-d, boring.

Good night to YOU all.

GeeGee Parrot.
February 2nd, 2012.

2 comments:

  1. Hi GeeGee
    I found your Blog via Ellies Dairy. Just got back from holidaying in the sun and somebody sent me a clip that I thought you might enjoy

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bt9xBuGWgw

    Kind of fits with your theme today :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thank you Sue, that indeed make US laugh as he is great mover & shaker, SHE will send it on to friends, thanks again, stay warm, it is cold out there!
      Bye bye, from GeeGee.

      Delete