Saturday 9 December 2017

PSSST.. WANT TO HEAR SOMETHING FUNNY.. LIKE IN FUNNY PECULIAR!

Has writing a post with a recipe in French put the mockers on our French Dear Readers? 'Cos since we did, we haven't seen a sight or heard a sound from across the channel. Strange that.

What else is strange is what she plans to do with our bedroom tomorrow, she's going to buy three roll up blinds in off white and plans to fix them into the ceiling so she can pull them down in front of her bookcases.

The books in the hall, which I regret to say have been badly munched by Beaky, are mostly design and cookery books and her valuable books are in our bedroom and I have, until today, never as much as looked at them.

However, after my disgraceful munching of two books which were part of Pats' Christmas present, I followed that up by flying onto the top of one of the bookshelves, she realized that she had to do something pretty smartly. And.. although her friend George would give his eye teeth to have me, she has no plans to give me away.. gulp.. so she had to come up with a plan that would save her books and porcelain.

She does try to keep me entertained, I do have toys but I never play with them, I just like crunching books.

The design books in the hall were, once upon a time, worth a lot of money, some of them are signed first editions and she planned to sell them when she retired but alas and alack, Beaky beaked them and now their spines are in tatters and they're worthless.

Hence the need for the blinds you see. She'll make brittle in the morning, then go to Wilkinsons on Fulham Broadway in the afternoon to get them.

It is time for me to say "goodnight", she's got to put eye drops in and to wash supper dishes and I've got to investigate what she was doing in my cage earlier this evening.

Stay warm folks, wear layers of clothing and drink hot tea.

GeeGee Parrot.
December 9th, 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment