Tuesday 26 December 2017

Huh-huh.. a bare mattress & a silly mother equal a fun day!

Well, to my amazement, a lot of serious work went on in our home today. This was despite the fact that a equally large amount of silly behavior occurred during the time she made the bed with clean linens.

We sleep with sheets, an old fashioned eiderdown and the bed is topped off with a washable blanket. All of this makes for a cosy place to read books, write posts for my blog and, of course, sleep.

But it's bouncy.. which means that I, with my long front toes, cannot run across it, well I do but it usually means that I end up falling over onto Beaky.

So, when she strips everything off down to the mattress, it becomes the perfect place to run about, swooping up and down, jumping on and off her, we've have played this game for many years and it's such fun! 

It's a very noisy game, I squeal as she pounces on me and she squeaks with laughter as I wiggle out of her grasp and swoop on her head and growl and then she grabs me, whisks me upside down and kisses me all over my tumtum and Beaky.

It is, Dear Reader, a miracle that anything got done in this home.. because we like a clean bed but we love to play.

Bathroom had a scrub-a-dub-dud, as did YumYum HQ, lots of papers were sorted and put into bags to be recycled or burnt at the allotment.

She started to flag and thought of food, I agreed it was a good idea and hopped onto Goosie Head to watch what she was going to cook. 

Shallots, garlic and a porky chop. Oh, delicious and we finished our meal off with a couple of easy-peels and half an enormous pomegranate 

Now she has a book to finish, I have feathers to preen, we will be back soon. She is working tomorrow so I don't know when.

So tootle-pip.

GeeGee Parrot.
December 26th, 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment